What GPU is most future-proved for a new PC ?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Antonio Huerta, May 3, 2009.

  1. Hi there,

    I have a 2 year-old PC with an ATI HD3870 videocard in it which I am
    using for gaming (first person shooters). I am going to assemble a new
    PC by the end of the year. Understandably, I want to make it a future-
    proved as much as possible.

    And the future is, as I gathered from reading the news, is coming
    DirectX 11, which is just an extention of DX10. No games are
    supporting DX10 exclusively yet, and it is not a fact yet that the
    games will go a road of DX10/DX11.

    The other area of concern is PhysX capability of the nVidia card. ATI
    cards do not have it and are not going to have it in the nearest
    incarnations... again, it is not clear yet whether the future gaming
    will go the PhysX road.

    I was also thinking getting Windows 7 on my new computer.

    Anyway, my question is, what card (from nVidia or AMD/ATI) should I
    get ? Should I postpone getting a new computer, so that to get a much
    more future-prooved configuration.

    Antonio Huerta, May 3, 2009

  2. Anyway, my question is, what card (from nVidia or AMD/ATI) should I
    You can't buy the future. You should always buy what you could afford.

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.28-11-generic

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B), May 4, 2009

  3. Antonio Huerta

    GMAN Guest

    Google OpenCL

    GMAN, May 4, 2009
  4. Google OpenCL[/QUOTE]

    Gee, I thought for a while that you are talking about OpenCL-something
    protocol developed by Google. And I thought: what relation Google has
    for it ?? But then I saw posts of the other people..

    Antonio Huerta, May 15, 2009