  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    What happen if the PSU can not meet the graphic card's requirement? thanks!

    Alan, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Alan

    Nefilim Guest

    You _may_ get away with it if the PSU is good quality, if not, see what
    happened to me in the following post:

    "BFG 6800 Ultra - Machine rebooting / locking / suffering white glitches on
    screen after installation?"

    Nefilim, Sep 4, 2004

  3. I had a cheap 250W PSU that I was using when my 400W went out.
    I had ordered a 520W, but while I was waiting, my GF4 Ti4400 came in.
    I had a GF3 ti200 which worked fine with the 250W, but when I
    installed the GF4 Ti4400, all I got was a screen with "garbage" across
    it. I had to wait till the 520W PSU to come in before I could find out
    if it was thee PSU, or the card that was the problem. It was the PSU.
    If you have a good PSU, it may still push the card, but you
    really won't know till you try it.

    Larry Roberts, Sep 4, 2004
  4. Alan

    Mac Cool Guest

    I received an error message telling me my video card wasn't receiving
    sufficient voltage and it would be throttled back until sufficient voltage
    was restored.

    Mac Cool, Sep 4, 2004
  5. Alan

    DaveW Guest

    You will strain the components of your computer, including the video card,
    and possibly burn something out.

    DaveW, Sep 5, 2004