    Why did you choose what you did?

    What kind of temps are you getting, and what are you using to monitor those
    temps?

    signmeuptoo, Mar 16, 2005

  2. signmeuptoo

    Rob Hemmings Guest

    A7N8X del2/XP3200, Aero7 lite (2200rpm), idle=45C, prime95=51C
    (socket temp) mobo temp 33C, measured using MBM5. Same temps reported
    with AsusProbe.
    HTH

    Rob Hemmings, Mar 16, 2005

  3. signmeuptoo

    Axl Myk Guest

    A7n8x Dlx2 xp3200+ retail w/supplied HS..
    Asus probe
    CPU temps stay 49-51c no matter what the machine is doing..

    Axl Myk, Mar 16, 2005
  4. signmeuptoo

    Ghostrider Guest

    Current facility standard: ASUS P4C-800E with Intel
    Pentium 4 @ 3.06 GHz. Using heatsink/fan from retail,
    or "boxed", CPU's. Temperature range, standard load,
    approx. 30 deg C.; room ambient, 22 deg C. Monitor is
    AsusProbe.

    Ghostrider, Mar 16, 2005
  5. signmeuptoo

    Larry Gagnon Guest

    Answer: how long is a piece of string?

    Sheeshhh man, you'll get as many responses as there are systems: what good
    is that info going to be to you?

    Larry Gagnon

    Larry Gagnon, Mar 16, 2005
  6. signmeuptoo

    donny Guest

    a7n8x with amd 3000. stock heat sink and fan checking with everest and
    probe and my temp is also constant at 49-51. no matter what its doing also!

    donny, Mar 16, 2005
  7. signmeuptoo

    Bill Guest

    <snip>

    I believe signmeuptoo is just the latest reincarnation of a trool that's been here before.
    I killfiled him at his second needlessly tiresome question. If he's not the trool I'm
    thinking of or one imitating him, he needs to get off his duff and do his own legwork.

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 16, 2005
  8. signmeuptoo

    signmeuptoo Guest

    I asked not because of legwork, as I already know what I will be using, but
    because I thought that it would be an interesting thread. Bill, I do
    suggest you killfile me if you really must be so unpleasant about it. Some
    people just get off on insulting, and so, enjoy yourself.

    Forums exist so people CAN ask questions, so your silly idea that someone
    isn't doing legwork by asking reasonable questions is anal. And Bill, it
    isn't trool, it is troll. You know how to insult but you sure don't know
    how to spell do you?

    My opinion is this: if you don't like what a person posts, just leave them
    alone thank you.

    Larry, I just wanted to let people talk about their systems, I enjoy
    letting others show pride in what they have. So far the thread is not so
    long as you are saying, but what if it was? Please explain to me what is
    wrong with asking well consolidated questions?

    Honestly, you all have some unwritten code that is a little bit silly IMHO.
    No insult intended here, I just think that it is silly to worry about what
    a person asks. Next you might want everyone to shut up, then we will have
    no threads.

    signmeuptoo, Mar 17, 2005
  9. signmeuptoo

    Hackworth Guest

    I got very tired of the many loud whirring fans in my system, so I did a
    good deal of research and have begun quieting my PC in stages. The first
    thing I did was to replace the case fans with temperature-regulated ones
    that also had a low maximum dB(A) rating. Then, I replaced the graphics card
    in my system with a reasonably powerful (for me) card w/ 256MB (an
    Radeon-9600) that also happens to be fanless and completely silent! That was
    a big help.

    By far, the loudest component in my system was the CPU fan. So, I replaced
    the stock Pentium 4 cooler with a Nexus P4 Quiet CPU Fan PHT-3600 from
    www.endpcnoise.com (rated at only 19 dB):

    http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/PHT-3600.html

    I also paid the extra four bucks for the optional NRC-1000 noise-reduction
    cable, which runs the fan slightly slower and thereby reduces the noise
    level even further.

    I love it. Now, my ears don't hurt anymore after extended computing
    sessions. :)

    Hackworth, Mar 17, 2005
  10. signmeuptoo

    cain Guest

    I'm using the Thermalright SLK-948U (a big copper thing) with an amd64
    2800 and a high speed 92mm Panaflow fan rolled down in speed with the
    motherboard fan controller. Idle speeds are mid 30s with all fans
    running slow. I wouldn't turn up the Panaflow as it gets quite loud.
    I have a ATI 9800Pro heating things up in there too.

    Even turned down in speed, the Panaflow is pretty noisy spectrum wise.

    Next time I'd get the Thermalright heatsink that supports a 120mm fan
    as they are quietest when turned down. (Got two of them as case fans
    in another box).

    Was thinking about water cooling once, but these big Thermalright
    heatsinks with AMD64 cores do the job.

    Glad AMD came out with such a great product when Intel was hitting
    rock bottom and just grinding to a halt.

    cain, Mar 17, 2005
  11. signmeuptoo

    Axl Myk Guest

    signmeuptoo wrote:
    And Bill, it
    I was going to mention that, but you beat me to it..

    Axl Myk, Mar 17, 2005
  12. A big aluminum thing I pried off another CPU.
    80mm PS fan, attached to the inside of the case with a custom
    bracket (an old case-front fan holder half-flattened with a cut-up I/O
    slot cover pop-riveted to it so it reaches all the way from the bottom of the
    case to the cross bar), with the air channeled into the heat sink through
    a cardboard duct that I made from a Kellogg's Corn Flakes box and tape.
    T2P4 P233
    Y B Normal?
    Nice and cool.
    My index finger moistened with a little bit of spit.

    MasterBlaster, Mar 17, 2005
  13. signmeuptoo

    Bill Guest

    Since you don't have enough working neurons to figure it out, it's
    a melding of troll and fool.

    HTH, HAND.

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 17, 2005
  14. signmeuptoo

    Chuck Guest

    Antech Volcano 10+, stock 3000 rpm 70mm x 10mm 20 cfm fan removed, replaced
    with 7000 rpm 70mm x 25 mm 45 cfm fan, yes a little noisier but worth it.

    Athlon XP 3200+ Barton processor on an Asus A7V600-X Motherboard, getting
    31C at idle for processor 30C for case. Using Motherboard Monitor 5 for
    temps.

    I should add though my system has a 120mm side intake fan, 2 80mm exhaust
    fans along with a Vantec dual Slot fan circulating air inside the case.

    Chuck, Mar 17, 2005
  15. signmeuptoo

    Chuck Guest

    Fixed

    Chuck, Mar 17, 2005
  16. signmeuptoo

    signmeuptoo Guest

    Why is it that there always has to be a jerk to come along and ruin a
    useful new group?

    I happen to have an IQ of 165, how about you? I have worked on one of the
    world's most powerful lasers and at the nation's most secure science
    facility, what about you?

    signmeuptoo, Mar 18, 2005
  17. signmeuptoo

    signmeuptoo Guest

    Yeah, that is why I plan on getting the Thermalright XP-120. It is
    supposed to be an almost phenomenal heatsink. I just got my fan that I
    will use on it from UPS today, and Enermax UC-12FAB-B. They aren't too
    easy to find as a lot of places have stopped carrying them. It has a
    variable fan speed control extension on it. It is pretty quiet, and not
    too loud at full speed (2300 RPM) but it moves a lot of air, I forget the
    specs though.

    signmeuptoo, Mar 18, 2005
  18. signmeuptoo

    signmeuptoo Guest

    I think that it is really smart to circulate the air inside the case. It
    causes turbulence, which means more gas molecules transferring more heat.

    signmeuptoo, Mar 18, 2005
  19. signmeuptoo

    Ben Pope Guest

    Wow, just create turbulance when you need more of a fluid.

    Does that work with beer? Now THATS free beer :p

    It's generally a good idea to have *airflow* in your case - ideally,
    turn it into a little wind tunnel with air in at the front and out at
    the back. If you get it in at the front-bottom and out at the back-top,
    all the better - just keep it moving in one direction.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Mar 18, 2005
  20. signmeuptoo

    Axl Myk Guest

    I took a spare 120mm fan, used a Greenlee punch to make 5- 1 1/4" holes
    in the side panel of the case right over the CPU and ram.. Blows a nice
    stream of air all over everything..

    Axl Myk, Mar 18, 2005