What if I ignore New CPU installed…message

Discussion in 'Asus' started by EinfoMail, Jun 4, 2018.

1. EinfoMail

EinfoMail

Hi,

The specification of my desktop computer is as

Processor: AMD FX-8320, Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 (AMD 970 Chipset), RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury, HD: 1TB WD Black and SMPS: CoolerMaster 650W

Due to some issue, the processor was replaced by the AMD. After installing the new processor (FX-8320), I see an error message during POST:

New CPU installed! Please enter setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run SETUP

After pressing F1, I press F8 for Boot Menu, then I select P3:WDC.. (Hard Drive)

Then Windows login screen appears. I saved booting priority by F10. However, after every restart, I need to follow these steps after pressing F1.

I replaced onboard 3V battery and discussed with ASUS also. I have gone through all possible troubleshooting steps with the guidance of ASUS. The BIOS of motherboard is already updated. However, I re-flashed the BIOS and I selected default loading.

At the end issue is not resolved and ASUS says, this issue is because of motherboard so disable Wait for 'F1' If Error and continue to use.

I know disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error is not the solution of this problem. It is just ignoring the error message so please let me know, if I ignore the error message, is there any possibility of further hardware issue? And if I continue by ignoring this error message, what precautions do I need to take to avoid further hardware issue?

With Regards
    EinfoMail

EinfoMail, Jun 4, 2018
Ask a Question