What if I ignore New CPU installed…message

Discussion in 'Asus' started by EinfoMail, Jun 4, 2018.

  1. EinfoMail

    EinfoMail

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2018
    Hi,

    The specification of my desktop computer is as

    Processor: AMD FX-8320, Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 (AMD 970 Chipset), RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury, HD: 1TB WD Black and SMPS: CoolerMaster 650W

    Due to some issue, the processor was replaced by the AMD. After installing the new processor (FX-8320), I see an error message during POST:

    New CPU installed! Please enter setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run SETUP

    After pressing F1, I press F8 for Boot Menu, then I select P3:WDC.. (Hard Drive)

    Then Windows login screen appears. I saved booting priority by F10. However, after every restart, I need to follow these steps after pressing F1.

    I replaced onboard 3V battery and discussed with ASUS also. I have gone through all possible troubleshooting steps with the guidance of ASUS. The BIOS of motherboard is already updated. However, I re-flashed the BIOS and I selected default loading.

    At the end issue is not resolved and ASUS says, this issue is because of motherboard so disable Wait for 'F1' If Error and continue to use.

    I know disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error is not the solution of this problem. It is just ignoring the error message so please let me know, if I ignore the error message, is there any possibility of further hardware issue? And if I continue by ignoring this error message, what precautions do I need to take to avoid further hardware issue?

    With Regards
    EinfoMail

    EinfoMail, Jun 4, 2018