    kony Guest

    Ok, your reply was noted and at this point it seems we've
    beaten a dead horse long enough.

    kony, Dec 30, 2007

  2. B. Schneier

    kony Guest

    Perhaps, or maybe it's based on the deliberate attempt to
    avoid the discussion. Taking something off the original
    context and then trying to pretend to be sensible is
    anything but.

    Note that the debate had already ended because Arthur
    decided not to discuss the facts anymore. Instead wasting
    his time, my time, and if you read the replies, your time
    too. IMO, that is a bit idiotic. I am entitled to that
    opinion and if you think stating my opinion is troll-like,
    then you're bound to find trolls at every turn.

    Nonsense. I recommend people stick with XP. Did I _EVER_
    suggest abandoning MS products, suggest Linux, or for that
    matter any particular product? No. In fact I would suggest
    that if someone has the problems with Vista that many do,
    they should buy a WinXP license instead which is hardly
    "anti-MS". Congratulations for jumping to the wrong
    conclusion though. Not everyone fits into your nice
    black-and-white stereotypical roles.
    I run Windows and find it the most versatile OS on earth.
    Vista simply isn't ready for wide-spread, mindless adoption.
    Real issues cannot be randomly brushed aside. Someday it
    may be, but not yet. I didn't need to clarify this
    position, because I never suggested avoiding all MS
    products. I never suggested anyone should never buy Vista
    and indeed it may become the better choice for many... it
    just can't be assumed so without consideration of the facts,
    _today_. Likely many who now avoid Vista will eventually
    buy it, but that is a different day and a few patches away.

    By jumping the gun on trying to stereotype, without actually
    considering what I'd written, you are acting a bit idiotic.
    (Note carefully that I am not calling you an idiot. I am
    saying you are exhibiting idiot-like behavior.)

    It seems you just want to see what you want to see,
    nevermind the actual details discussed.

    kony, Dec 30, 2007

  3. B. Schneier

    TJ Guest

    I am unworthy of your attention. I have been an idiot of the worst
    caliber and I hereby apologize for my trollness. If you want me, I'll be
    in the corner, gibbering and drooling in my gruel. But I'm betting you
    want nothing to do with the likes of idiots like me.

    Thank you very much for the enlightenment. I guess I was confused
    because I didn't see you say that it was at all possible for Vista to
    actually work for somebody. My mistake.

    TJ

    TJ, Dec 30, 2007
  4. B. Schneier

    TJ Guest

    Oh dear me, I KNEW I forgot something! I can be such an idiot sometimes.

    <PLONK.>

    TJ

    TJ, Dec 30, 2007
  5. There comes a point where logic and even an attempt at being civil with
    a person who is incapable of seeing anything beyond his own "reality" is
    just a useless waste of my time. It takes quite a lot to bring me to
    this point with people, but you have proven yourself to belong to an
    elite club within my newsreader. It's called my killfile.

    Your rules of engagement are dishonest, and I'm not going to play by
    your rules, so enjoy the rest of your game. I found your calling me
    delusional of particular irony. In areas where opinion and personal
    experience determine the value of something, people who believe their
    "truth" is exclusive are usually referred to as zealots. I never
    continue discussions with zealots, because they do not possess the
    ability to see beyond their belief system.

    Art

    Arthur Entlich, Dec 30, 2007
  6. B. Schneier

    Tony Guest

    Excellent, I am so pleased that you have seen reason.

    Tony

    Tony, Dec 30, 2007
  7. B. Schneier

    kony Guest

    You mean MY time, because you're the senseless one who began
    making speeches instead of STAYING ON TOPIC.

    That you choose to divert attention from the topic is a
    clear sign you had nothing to add to the topic.

    You are so full of it. You come to this point any time
    someone does not pretend that being politically correct
    trumps fact.

    LOL.

    By all means, remain ignorant.

    You did write more, but you're an idiot. Those who have
    followed my posts over many years will realize I do not
    often call people idiots. I am not what you would hope to
    claim I am because I oppose your nonsensical bullshit. I
    shoot straight and call a person an idiot when it seems they
    need to hear it... which is very seldom, but does happen
    rarely.

    You are an idiot because you think we are diverted from the
    fact that there was plenty of on-topic evidence to discuss,
    but that you could effectively divert the topic to your
    whining. Your whining has not distracted from the fact that
    you don't have any counter-evidence, and never had any
    intention of providing any.

    This is your strategy, to whine, to try to play the
    politically correct "card" while deliberately avoiding the
    core arguments in a topic, if you can't factually support
    ideas that benefit you.

    Note that this was not the first time you did this. Did you
    think you lived in a vacuum?

    kony, Dec 30, 2007
  8. B. Schneier

    kony Guest

    Seen reason? You want to selectively excuse flaws without
    consideration of the very real impact they may have. Sorry
    but that's insane.

    Once you understand that, you will have "seen reason".

    kony, Dec 30, 2007
  9. B. Schneier

    Tony Guest

    Your response was predictable. Quod erat demonstrandum.
    Thank you for pointing out that your wisdom is greater than the combined wisdom
    of the entire human race, either alive today or who have ever lived. Now that I
    understand that I will no longer bother you with my insignificant, trivial and
    rather pathetic contributions to this thread and will allow you to bask in the
    glory that you so richly deserve. I am humbled in your presence.
    No more from me on this specific topic I promise.
    Whether you believe it or not I actualy do wish you a great 2008 but I hope
    that some of your enviable gentleness and amazing attention to the pursuit of
    truth infects the rest of us poor and deluded mortals.
    So it is definitely goodbye from me and I fervently pray that it is goodbye
    from you.
    Tony

    Tony, Dec 30, 2007
  10. B. Schneier

    measekite Guest

    measekite, Dec 30, 2007
  11. B. Schneier

    measekite Guest

    I forgive you. Too bad some of the other idiots do not want to come clean.

    measekite, Dec 30, 2007
  12. B. Schneier

    measekite Guest

    Thats most of the ink refillers who post here

    measekite, Dec 30, 2007
  13. B. Schneier

    Burt Guest

    (snipped - at Kony's request, and bottom posted per CBF's)
    C'mon, Tony, you kindhearted, but misguided soul - You must know that Kony,
    the snarling attack dog, always has to have the last, unpleasant word!

    Burt, Dec 30, 2007
  14. B. Schneier

    Tony Guest

    You are of course correct Burt, he can have the last word with my compliments.
    Tony

    Tony, Dec 31, 2007
  15. B. Schneier

    kony Guest

    More of your nonsense. The combined wisdom of the race is
    to use evidence, plenty of which is available with a basic
    google search about Vista user discontent, and abandonment.

    Did OEMs backtrack and start providing WinME again after
    WinXP? Did you address any of the links posted days ago or
    attempt to avoid discussing them?

    My "wisdom" is to look externally for evidence instead of
    only taking a subjective view. To accept input from others
    that do have problems. Certainly some don't have problems,
    making it important to address the very information you want
    to brush aside.

    It's not about ego (or shouldn't be), it's about the issues
    you chose to make light of, the _VISTA_ issues. It is a bit
    amazing to me that there are actually people out there that
    will do anything to avoid a factual discussion. WinXP, and
    further precessors aren't perfect either, but only be
    addressing the specifics - instead of ignoring them, can one
    make a good choice. I know people who run Win98 fine for
    example, but certainly it is a bad choice for many others...

    Details, details, details. Avoidance is a choice.

    kony, Dec 31, 2007
  16. B. Schneier

    kony Guest

    You may be right, when it comes to someone insisting they're
    right but choosing not to discuss details nor accept that
    everyone's needs aren't the same. I do then tend to post
    again, with the hope the other party will either retract
    their position or provide supportive evidence instead of
    blanket statements and hearsay. Whether it be retraction
    or evidence, I would rather the latter than the former,
    because it's about i n f o r m a t i o n.

    kony, Dec 31, 2007