    these Soyo rebates specifically.

    Also I notice on newegg's page for the SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 V1.0
    that that mobo has 104 votes but only 4 reviews, and the oldest review
    is from 8/26/2004 5:27:24 PM. For most motherboards the number of
    reviews is a sizable fraction of votes (around two-thirds).

    Matt, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Matt

    Ed Guest

    My guess is Soyo's sales are down so they are trying to win back
    customers.

    I rarely see Soyos in peoples sigs anymore in the forums, I think they
    lost their appeal with the DIY crowd. Last Soyo I tried (754pin Dragon
    Ultra) the instructions in the manual to wire up their breakout box were
    wrong and it went up in smoke, so much for brand loyalty, our MSI's are
    working just fine. ;p

    Ed

    Ed, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Matt

    Gary Guest

    I checked www.tigerdirect.com and I see two Soyo barebones rebates.. and one
    Soyo motherboards with rebate. A lot say "compare at XXX price" and "save
    XXX" - but they are not rebates. So maybe the rebates on tigerdirect that
    you saw have expired or all sold. I wouldn't call that "many" as you say
    above.

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Well I am still waiting for some of the rebates on my 2 MBs (different
    purchase dates/rebate offers and different MBs) and CASE since June 7th.
    I don't even think they told me about the status of the rebates to this
    date.

    Of course that is the only reason I bought Soyo, but so far it seems to be
    functioning fine for my 8 year old! :)
    I bought most of my computer components from MicroCenter in Illinois.

    I will say that some people probably forget to send their rebates in a
    timely manner, or don't follow the instructions to the letter.
    I had issues with a Microsoft rebate and had to talk to a manager to get
    them to send my rebate to me. They kept trying to say that I did not follow
    the instructions to the letter, by not sending in the entire box top. Of
    course I had and they admitted that they made the mistake.

    I say "GO FOR IT" if you want it and don't mind waiting for the rebates.
    I will have a spare Soyo MB that will only cost $10 WHEN I get the rebate!
    lol

    later,
    dave

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Sep 2, 2004
  5. Matt

    DCervan123 Guest

    SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 V1.0, I bought two of these boards from Tiger and I
    sent the rebates in right away. The board is an excellent performer. I hope
    my rebates come. I'll just be patient and wait. ( Do I have a choice?)

    DCervan123, Sep 2, 2004
  6. Matt

    Gary Guest

    Good that you bought it when it had a rebate. It has no rebate now. The
    regular price is $89.99 which is what it is now. How much was the rebate
    for?

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 2, 2004
  7. Matt

    DCervan123 Guest

    Hey Gary...The rebates are for 40.00 ea. I'm expecting 80.00

    DCervan123, Sep 3, 2004
  8. Matt

    Gary Guest

    Hi, good rebates. when did you buy the boards?

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 3, 2004
  9. Matt

    DCervan123 Guest

    I'm pretty sure I bought them in July. The rebates expired on Aug 31

    DCervan123, Sep 3, 2004
  10. Matt

    Gary Guest

    Thanks. Hope you don't have a long wait for your rebate.

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 3, 2004
  11. I've been waiting 5 months and still haven't received my rebate.

    I bought a Soyo P4VGA mb for $62.99 from TigerDirect on 3/14/04. The
    advertised Soyo rebate was for $62.99 so the net cost is supposed to be
    zero.

    The rebate application had to have been postmarked by 4/16/2004 and it
    was as it was submitted on 3/29. I'm still waiting for the rebate.

    According to their rebate site, www.verifyrebate.com, they are currently
    processing rebate claims for the "postmarked by 4/16/2004" date. Once
    they start working on rebates for a later date and I still haven't
    received my rebate, I will take the next steps to get the rebate. This
    will include seeking a refund from my credit card company and complaints
    to the BBB, the Attorney General in the state of California and the FBI
    - FTC Joint Task Force on internet fraud.

    Arnie Goetchius, Sep 4, 2004
  12. Matt

    Ardna Guest

    I bought a Soyo P4VGA mb for $62.99 from TigerDirect on 3/14/04

    Same here, KT400 Ultra motherboard from tigerdirect 3/9/04, submitted
    rebated 2 days later and nothing. I think the www.verifyrebate.com site
    has been saying "postmarked by 4/16/2004" for some tie now.

    Ardna

    Ardna, Sep 4, 2004
  13. It rather looks like they got some real bad cases to unload. Friend bought a Soyo K7VME Socket A Barebone Kit / AMD Athlon XP 2100+ / CPU Fan / Tower Case / Keyboard / Mouse / Speakers (S450-3208) on one of these 'sales'. Odd looking case with a handle and the processor behind the PS. Shows a 100°+ case temp and 146° F. CPU temp at idle. Adding two case fans has had no effect on the temp. I told him it's one of those 'live and learn' deals.. LOL

    I see so many rebates for Soyo barebones and motherboards lately that I
    have to ask about the motivation for the rebates. They are practically
    giving them away through Tigerdirect, Newegg, and elsewhere. Please
    don't bother claiming that all rebates are scams: let us find out about

    lostinthenorthwoods, Sep 5, 2004
  14. Matt

    Ken Marsh Guest

    Hi,

    #I see so many rebates for Soyo barebones and motherboards lately that I
    #have to ask about the motivation for the rebates. They are practically
    #giving them away through Tigerdirect, Newegg, and elsewhere. Please
    #don't bother claiming that all rebates are scams: let us find out about
    #these Soyo rebates specifically.

    I'll tell you in a month or three. :)

    My guess, is they are trying to create "buzz", buy marketshare and lose
    some excess inventory all at the same time. The "free after rebate" deal
    is based on the idea that a large number of people won't take advantage
    of it, or will screw up their rebate entry.

    As for rebate scams, I've gotten to the point I won't buy rebate office
    store rebate "sales" EXCEPT for the "free after rebate" deals, which I
    track carefully and demand compliance on. So far, I've gotten 20 "C"
    alkaline batteries for one cent, and a cell phone plus 30 dollars back
    with 100% success. Now I have to wait and see on the "free" Soyo MB
    thing. Back when I did the $5-$10-$15 office store rebates, I was
    batting about 50%. I just won't do that anymore, I can usually buy for
    cheaper at newegg.com when they have a Free FedEx shipping sale. Just
    say "NO" to office store rebates, I say.

    #Also I notice on newegg's page for the SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 V1.0
    #that that mobo has 104 votes but only 4 reviews, and the oldest review
    #is from 8/26/2004 5:27:24 PM. For most motherboards the number of
    #reviews is a sizable fraction of votes (around two-thirds).

    I think we'll be seeing a sizable number of reviews, as soon as people
    receive their "free" newegg/Soyo MB's, install them, and have some
    opinions.

    I got mine, put an old processor and RAM in it and it booted up.
    BogoMips look right but that doesn't say anything about total system
    performance. So far so good, it performs OK but lacks Asus PAT trick for
    making an 865 chipset perform like a 875. I'll know more in a week.

    Ken.

    Ken Marsh, Sep 13, 2004
  15. Hello, my name is William Anderson and I am a member of th
    Pennsylvania bar, working in Washington, DC. My law firm specialize
    in representing consumers. Recently, we have been investigating man
    claims regarding Soyo rebates. In connection with the ongoin
    investigation, it would be very useful if I could talk with you abou
    your experience with Soyo, particularly regarding any difficulty yo
    encountered attempting to redeem your rebate. If you are interested
    please e-mail me at or contact me by phone a
    202-789-3960. Thank you in advance for your consideration

    williamanderson, Sep 29, 2005