What is Fastest KT7A cpu

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Scrim, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    Please could you help me work out how to get a worthwhile speed increase on
    my KT7A-RAID. It currently has an Athlon 1400 overclocked to 1600. To get
    this I have both voltages in the bios at max, which works fine with my
    homemade water-cooling system.

    I've never found increasing the fsb works for me, perhaps because of my IBM
    HDD, so I always overclock by leaving the fsb at 133 and increasing the
    multiplier, having done the silver paint trick on the cpu.

    I think my best step is to get an XP 2400 since this is the fastest
    available with a 133 fsb.

    Will I be able to do a silver paint job on this chip and then increase the
    multiplier in the bios to get beyond its normal 2GHz?

    (I've searched the news group archives with Google, but I'm still not clear
    if I can push the XP 2400 beyond 2GHz on the KT7A (version 1.2). I'd really
    like to avoid having to do mods to the motherboard. I have the latest A9
    bios).

    Cheers,

    Scrim

    Scrim, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Scrim

    Wes Newell Guest

    Any Tbred B core will work. The 2400+ is only made with the B core. It,
    and the 2100+ (make sure it's a B core) will both work without mods to the
    default multiplier.
    You won't have to do anything to a 2100+ or 2400+ cpu other than plug it
    in.
    Either of the above cpu's will default to 2000Mhz when plugged in. You can
    change that higher or lower in the bios. See Multiplier Cross Ref. in link
    below.

    Wes Newell, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Scrim

    Spajky Guest

    what about this?
    http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=106
    http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259675

    -- Regards, SPAJKY
    & visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    Thanks Wes, that's what I needed :)

    Scrim

    Scrim, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    Thanks Spajky. I'll check that out. sounds like a good money saving
    overclockers dreaqm come true :)

    Scrim

    Scrim, Oct 17, 2003