    FX5700 and the FX5700LE?

    Thanks

    Andy

    Andy Smith, Aug 14, 2004

  2. Andy Smith

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Usually "SE" cards are limited, or inferior, as you put it. The "LE", is a
    limited edition. Possibly due to 256MB of RAM, or overclocked from the
    original specs.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Andy Smith

    RayO Guest

    It's an underclocked version of the 5700. Overall it's roughly a third
    slower than the 5700. But it's very overclockable. People have reportedly
    successfully o/ced it to near 5700Ultra levels. So until the 6600s arrive, in a
    month or two, it's one of the better values around, especially since it does
    come in 256meg varieties, at under $125.

    RayO

    RayO, Aug 14, 2004
  4. Andy Smith

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Humm...the BFG I purchased from Comp-USA says it's "Overclocked", right out
    of the box. The core clock is 275MHz, vs. the standard 250MHz. Not a lot,
    but overclocked. RAMDAC is 400MHz. In any event, it does the job, on the
    cheap!

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Aug 14, 2004
  5. Andy Smith

    RayO Guest

    Yup, 275 would be a bit overclocked. But, I believe it can
    much better, to about 480.

    RayO

    RayO, Aug 14, 2004
  6. Andy Smith

    RayO Guest

    BTW, the standard 5700 runs at 425, so at 275 it's still
    running quite a bit slower.

    RayO

    RayO, Aug 14, 2004
  7. Andy Smith

    DaveW Guest

    The LE model has the clock speed slowed down from that of a plain 5700. The
    Ultra is the fastest.

    DaveW, Aug 15, 2004
  8. Andy Smith

    jafar Guest

    I have my standard 5700 overclocked to 475(ultra speed) from 425 and the
    memory overclocked to 600(a bit slower than ultra) from 550.

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Registered Linux User #359623

    jafar, Aug 15, 2004
  9. Andy Smith

    Jon Guest

    Doesnt the "LE" mean Lite Edition rather than Limited Edition??

    Jon, Aug 15, 2004