  1. I might be buying this one, but I'd like to know what I can put in in
    regard to the CPU speed etc.

    Anyone?

    Ørjan Langbakk, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Stephan Grossklass, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Ørjan Langbakk

    Steve Pearce Guest

    It will take a 1GHz P3 (either directly as a Slot 1 or a S370 via an
    adaptor) without any problems. I personally would avoid 133MHz FSB
    CPUs, the board isn't really designed to run at that speed (but I know
    there are people who have overclocked it OK).

    Steve Pearce, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Ørjan Langbakk

    P2B Guest

    I have three P2B-S rev 1.04 systems running 1A Tualatin Celerons @
    1.5Ghz (150mhz FSB) on Slot-T adapters, very stable. They'll also run
    P3-S 1.4s @ 1575Mhz - and the extra processor cache on the P3s gives a
    huge performance boost (but not worth the outrageous price).

    P2B rev 1.12 has the same voltage regulator and clock chip as my P2B-S
    boards, so should be just as capable :) If not, at worst it will be
    stable at 133Mhz FSB - I've never met a P2B series board that wasn't.

    Memory tends to be an issue for P2B boards at 150Mhz FSB, but
    Crucial/Micron 256MB PC133 CAS2 DIMMs will usually do CAS3 @ 150Mhz. You
    need Corsair PC150 to get CAS2 @ 150Mhz.

    P2B, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Ørjan Langbakk

    JK Guest

    It is worth mentioning that the BX chipset of the board sets a limited
    range of agp-dividers. The board P2B retains divider 2/3 for agp all
    the way up from fsb100.

    So at fsb133 the agp is overclocked 33 % and at fsb150 50%. With most
    gamer graphics 33 % can be accepted, but 50% demands more carefull
    selection of a suited card.

    It is indeed best with some fast running ram !

    best regards

    John

    JK, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Ørjan Langbakk

    P2B Guest

    Thanks. That was a serious omission on my part.
    Indeed - it's unusual to find a card that misbehaves at 89Mhz, but
    100Mhz is a much greater challenge. All my 150Mhz FSB systems are
    running Asus cards with nVidea chipsets - ranging from TNT to GF4 - with
    no issues.
    Agreed - ram is the bottleneck on P2B/Tualatin systems, so maximising
    FSB and memory timings should be the goal.

    P2B, Dec 11, 2003