    month of buying it.

    I want to stick with Nvidia by choice. Slightly confused to what card
    i should go for as there are quite a few cards flooding the market.

    Grahame Kane, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Grahame Kane

    Rudy Guest

    I guess it depends on what type of games you want to play. the Geforce 5
    series seems to be expecially weak at directx 9 because they can't keep up
    with the complex pixel and vertex shader applications. For everything else,
    they seem to be ok. Right now, Tomshardware.com has a huge chart of all
    video cards from the Geforce 4 series to the present. If you take that and
    compare it to SharkyExtreme.com's video card price chart, you should be able
    to find something to fit your budget.
    You're right about video card prices dropping. Nvidia's strategy used
    to be producing a new family of cards every 18 months and then releasing an
    updated version with higher clockspeeds after about 6 months. I don't know
    if they still do that, but it seems like the video card industry is moving
    at light speed compared to CPUs.
    Good luck.

    Rudy, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Grahame Kane

    YanquiDawg Guest

    6600 GT

    YanquiDawg, Dec 5, 2004
  4. Grahame Kane

    orsin Guest

  5. Grahame Kane

    ...D. Guest

    The 6600GT is way above any other video cards in the $200 American range.
    The 9800 Pro isn't bad either, but the nVidia 6600GT beats it in most
    games. The problem is the 6600GTs started out as PCI Express models, and
    a lot of us need the old AGP standard. They just started coming out with
    the AGPs.. Right now expect to pay $250 American. The PCIEs are down to
    $200 and below. These cards will just about keep up with other cards
    costing twice as much. And maybe your computer can't take advantage of
    any more power anyway. The 6600GT AGPs will come down some in a month or
    two as more companies come out with their model.

    Sorry I have no idea how much American $ your funny looking L thingie
    translates to... If you really want to spend extra $$, for $400 American
    opt for the 6800GT. $500 maybe a 6800 Ultra??
    ...D.

    ...D., Dec 9, 2004