    Basically want the rig for checking email and surfing the web while on
    the road.

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 8, 2005

  2. The P4 will be faster (you'd need about a 2 GHz Pentium-M to match a
    3.06 P4 in speed overall), but will have shorter battery life, generate
    a lot more heat (i.e., fan noise), and most likely, the chassis and
    other parts will have a shorter lifetime because of the heat production.

    The Pentium-M system is likely smaller, cooler running, and won't be as
    noisy. A 1.5 GHa Pentium-M will do just fine for checking email,
    surfing the web and overall office use - there's no need to throw a 3
    GHz CPU - or even a 2 GHz Pentium-M at that.

    Edward J. Neth, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Thank you Mr. Neth,

    That is exactly the insight I was looking for!

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 10, 2005