    Asus A8N-E & Asus A8N5X

    I'm trying to decide which one to purchase for my AMD socket 939
    chip.

    The Seabat, Apr 5, 2007

  2. The Seabat

    Paul Guest

    http://usa.asus.com/products_compare_show.aspx?array_model=455&array_model=596

    A8N-E uses Nforce4 Ultra. You can see the differences here:

    http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce4_family.html

    The A8N-E has SATA 3.0Gbit/sec ports.

    Nforce4 spec page:
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20041014863476.html

    Nforce4 Ultra spec page:
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20041015990644.html

    There are differences in the networking features as well,
    but the hardware firewall doesn't work right, and something
    has to be disabled there (activearmor). So I think the
    networking differences are negligible.

    http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=32700

    A8N5X tech specs:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=596&l1=3&l2=15&l3=207

    A8N-E tech specs:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=455&l1=3&l2=15&l3=171

    So you buy the A8N-E and get the improvement of 300MB/sec
    SATA ports, for whatever that is worth.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 5, 2007

  3. The Seabat

    The Seabat Guest

    Thanks, Paul. That is extremely helpful information. Just what I was
    looking for. Thanks again.

    The Seabat, Apr 5, 2007