    Does it record at a higher quality then the old one? What else is new
    and approved ?

    thanks

    nobody, Oct 16, 2003

  2. nobody

    JAD Guest

    pro = remote control I think

    JAD, Oct 16, 2003

  3. nobody

    HornDog Guest

    I believe it will play live in stereo instead of mono and
    it has a remote but still not time shifting though.

    regards,
    HornDog

    HornDog, Oct 17, 2003
  4. nobody

    Daniel Tonks Guest

    The TV Wonder (PCI) and TV Wonder Pro are both stereo. The TV Wonder VE is
    mono. Both the TV Wonder VE and Pro are available with or without remote
    control.

    The TV Wonder Pro seems to have a completely new board design compared to
    the non-Pro version, with a better tuner. It also supports Thru-View and
    Video Soap.

    - Daniel

    Daniel Tonks, Oct 17, 2003
  5. nobody

    Todd Guest

    According to the ATi website the non-Pro version does NOT have a stereo TV tuner.

    Todd, Oct 17, 2003
  6. nobody

    nobody Guest

    You have confused the TV Wonder with the TV Wonder VE.

    The VE version doesn't support stereo, doesn't have a S video plug and
    doesn't support high recording quality. It is a card designed to watch
    TV on your PC in mono and recorded for later viewing.

    But my question was what is the difference between the TV Wonder ....
    which does support all those things ..... and the TV Wonder PRO...
    which is the new version of the TV Wonder.

    From what I have picked up on reviews is that the only significant
    difference is the ability to use the newest version = 8.x of media
    manager, Glide Plus and The ability to recorde DVD quality at the same
    level as the AIW cards. ..plus some presentation abilities..

    nobody, Oct 17, 2003
  7. nobody

    Mike P Guest

    I have the TV wonder (not ve) and it is stereo.

    Mike

    Mike P, Oct 18, 2003
  8. nobody

    Daniel Tonks Guest

    I believe (but don't know for sure) that it might use the Rage Theater
    chip... thus thru-view. And the fact that ATI doesn't seem to be supporting
    much in the way of driver updates for the old model.

    I'd assume higher quality TV processing. There's a very noticeable
    difference between the image produced by my TV Wonder and AIW 9700 (when
    each is selected is primary tuner). I actually have a new AIW 9800 and TV
    Wonder Pro waiting to be installed, but need a couple other parts before I
    tear the PC apart. :)

    - Daniel

    Daniel Tonks, Oct 19, 2003
  9. nobody

    Todd Guest

    Well, then ATi does not provide accurate info on its site.

    Todd, Oct 19, 2003
  10. nobody

    Mike P Guest

    Yes it does, the TV Wonder has been discontinued and replaced with the pro.
    The ve is still going as a cheap mono alternative.

    Mike

    Mike P, Oct 19, 2003
  11. nobody

    Daniel Tonks Guest

    Perhaps you need to notice the difference between the phrases "TV Wonder"
    and "TV Wonder VE". Notice the "VE" part at the end of the second one? Now
    notice the lack of "VE" in the title of this thread? That makes all the
    difference!

    Go to ATI's site and look under "Discontinued" products. You'll find the
    "ATI TV Wonder".

    - Daniel

    Daniel Tonks, Oct 19, 2003
  12. nobody

    Todd Guest

    I was thinking the TV Wonder Pro, which is not listed as having stereo TV capabilities while the Pro
    Remote is.

    Todd, Oct 20, 2003
  13. nobody

    Daniel Tonks Guest

    Hmm, must be an omission. I'll let them know.

    - Daniel

    Daniel Tonks, Oct 20, 2003
  14. nobody

    Daniel Tonks Guest

    That should be clarified on ATI's page now... both are Stereo.

    - Daniel

    Daniel Tonks, Oct 21, 2003
  15. nobody

    Todd Guest

    Great!

    After being burned by this sort of oversight (more than once) I now just assume that if it doesn't
    say it is "such and such", then it ain't :(

    Todd, Oct 22, 2003