    Ready to order but now confused

    Thanks.
    Bob

    Bob McSwain, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Bob McSwain

    Gordon Scott Guest

    Re: What is the difference in the A7N8X Deluxe and the A7N8X-E DeluxeMoBo's?

    Bob McSwain wrote:

    > NewEgg is showing 2 deluxe versions of the A7N8X boards. One is
    > labeled with a "-E".
    >
    > The ASUS site does not have any info. All searches turn up notheing
    > about he "-E" version.
    >
    > Ready to order but now confused
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Bob

    probably a typo

    Gordon Scott, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Bob McSwain

    Paul Guest

    In article <>,
    (Bob McSwain) wrote:

    > NewEgg is showing 2 deluxe versions of the A7N8X boards. One is
    > labeled with a "-E".
    >
    > The ASUS site does not have any info. All searches turn up notheing
    > about he "-E" version.
    >
    > Ready to order but now confused
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Bob

    Compare the colorful table in the following manual to the
    manual for the Deluxe...

    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/e1322_a7n8x-e_deluxe.pdf

    Looks like 400MHz bus, a Gigabit LAN, and a proprietary Wifi socket
    (Wifi minicard available separately). Still dual channel.

    The layout looks fairly similar, the differences being contained in a
    strip along the lower left and bottom left edge of the board.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Dec 4, 2003