What is the fastest RAM I can use in a Dell Latitude D400?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by usenet, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. usenet

    usenet Guest

    Hi -

    I want to get a 1GB stick of RAM for my Dell Latitude D400.

    I know DDR PC2700, CL=2.5, NON-ECC RAM will work in it, since that is
    what the stick which is currently in the machine is.

    But, I would like to buy the fastest RAM available (even if my D400
    cannot take advantage of the speed) since it will be useful to me in my
    next laptop if I get the fastest available and usable.

    Does anyone know if DDR2 PC2-4200, CL=4, NON-ECC RAM would work in this
    machine?

    Price not really an issue.

    Thanks for your help,
    David.

    usenet, Jun 15, 2005

  2. I don't think you can put DDR2 memory in a DDR memory slot. Why buy
    high-speed memory ahead of time? Prices will be 1/4 what they are
    today when you get that new laptop, and you'll want the terabyte
    memory sticks then, and it'll need DDR4 anyway...

    William P. N. Smith, Jun 15, 2005