what is the location of the sensor that measures the cpu temp on a cusl2

Discussion in 'Asus' started by speech, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. speech

    speech Guest

    I recently added a powerleap PL-370T which is a powered ZIF 370
    socket upgrade adaptor that allows me to run a tulalitin p3 1.2 on my
    cusl2 mainboard. It connects between the new cpu and the exisitng zif
    socket

    My problem is that in the bios 1014.001 beta, it shows the cpu temp
    ranging from 42 deg c to 50 deg c, depending on how long i have it
    running.

    The software such as Sisoft sandra, and mainboard monitor both show
    the cpu temp to be constant about 27 deg c.

    Cany anyone tell me where the sensor is located and how i can tell
    which temp is correct.

    Also does any know how to enable AGP sideband addressing for the vga
    card, this is not a specific option i can find in the bios.

    Any advice appreciated

    thanks

    Peter

    speech, Jul 11, 2003

  2. speech

    Bob Byrne Guest

    I have a 370GU on my CUBX and my temp is reading about 20c
    higher than it should. I can run at 100% load and the temp only rises
    by a few degrees so I'm not concerned.
    I've made inquiries from various sources and no one seems to know
    what the problem is or indeed if there is one.
    I couldn't find any info on that either :-(

    Bob Byrne, Jul 12, 2003

  3. speech

    **Jerry** Guest

    Temperature reading for CPU comes from thermal diode inside CPU. That is why
    that motherboard supports only FCPGA CPUs.

    **Jerry**, Jul 12, 2003