    a 1-bit-per-cycle, single-core, purely-serial processor?

    Thank a bunch,

    Green Xenon

    GreenXenon, Mar 25, 2011

  2. 42

    personaobscura, Mar 25, 2011

  3. GreenXenon

    Jim Guest

    Team Italy overclocked a P4 to 8GHZ.

    Jim, Mar 26, 2011
  4. GreenXenon

    Tom Lake Guest

    What is the maximum physically-possible clock rate [measured in Hz] of
    42

    Only on Vogsphere!

    Tom L

    Tom Lake, Mar 26, 2011
  5. I think you are in the wrong group for a useful answer. Might try sci.physics,
    but I suspect they will want a better defined question.

    Bill Davidsen, Mar 27, 2011
  6. GreenXenon

    daytripper Guest

    Is that group more into doing kids' homework for them? ;-)

    Silicon Germanium supports some prodigious clock frequencies. Integrated on a
    BiCMOS process to support IO, ~20ghz core toggle frequencies ought to be
    achievable without totally breaking the proverbial bank.

    Don't know how much actual "work" could get done with a "purely-serial
    processor" (heck - 37 years in the platform bidness and I don't know WTF that
    might actually mean ;-) but if all that's interesting is the wiggle speed,
    there you go...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Mar 27, 2011
  7. GreenXenon

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    speed of electrons
    http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99092.htm

    So according to the above, electrons are only travelling at the
    mindblowing speed of 0.024 cm/sec in a copper wire! :)

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Mar 28, 2011