    I've got a dying X5DA8, in warranty, that I not only can't get RMA support
    for, they won't even write back to me (automated form e-mails excluded)!

    Am I all alone?

    Brian Pellham, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Brian Pellham

    daytripper Guest

    Could simply be, bad timing, what with the holidays and all.

    But, did you buy the board from SuperMicro?

    When I've had to get a board replaced I did it through the company that sold
    me the board...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Call them on the phone and they will give you an RMA# over the phone.
    Explain the situation and tell them that you have already submitted an RMA
    form. These problems are best handled over the phone, don't screw with
    e-mail.

    Rita

    Rita_A_Berkowitz, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Give me your take on this.

    Here's a copy of my response to their reply:

    -----------------BEGIN EMAIL SNIPPET-----------------------

    FINALLY I got a response!!!

    Can I "Return for Cross-Shipment" like I actually want?

    This RMA request that you responded to was my 4th attempt. I changed my
    guys to respond!

    1st unanswered attempt: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:47:46 -0800

    2nd unanswered attempt: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:11:53 -0800

    3rd unanswered attempt: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:50:39 -0800

    4th finally answered attempt: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:04:10 -0800

    The changes from the first three times are:

    1. I changed "Dealer's Name:*" to 8ANET, from ACME MICRO SYSTEMS. I have two
    receipts for this board and they use either name on the receipts.

    2. I changed "Company Name:*" to Gippal-Nooj, from NONE. Lol, Gippal and
    Nooj are characters from a video game. I made this change in desperation to
    see if I could get a response. I figure a company's malfunctioning
    motherboard is probably more important to Supermicro than an individual's,
    maybe I'm right...

    3. I changed "Email Address:*" to ********@********* , from
    ***********@yahoo.com . I prefer the Yahoo account due to the lack of spam!

    4. I changed "Select Your Return Type:*" to Return for Repair, from Return
    for Cross-Shipment. Cross-Shipment is what I really want because I would
    like to minimize my downtime as much as possible. I thought I might have a
    better chance to get a response if I asked for Return for Repair. Again,
    this isn't what I wanted, but maybe it made the difference to you guys in
    deciding to respond at all...

    So what change was it that I made that finally got you guys to respond? I
    have been submitting RMA requests now since before you opened on the 30th of
    December! All of your auto-replys said, "Your RMA request form has been
    received by SuperMicro's RMA department and we will respond within 1
    business day.". This 4th attempt sure got a quick response! Was it the
    change to my dealers name, company name, email address, or return type? Was
    it a combination of the changes? I would really like to know what finally
    made me *worthy* of a response?
    cards). MB standby LED failure. Mysterious crashes forcing reset.

    Brian Pellham, Jan 8, 2004