    gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

    If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I see
    any improvements in my games?

    Chris Roth, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Chris Roth

    Darkfalz Guest

    5600 not really, but 5900 yes, you have plenty of CPU for that card.

    Darkfalz, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Chris Roth

    NAZGUL Guest

    I have a p4 2.6ghz
    512 pc3200 ram
    gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

    If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I see
    any improvements in my games?

    ==========

    Not in raw frame rates on DX8 games but on DX9 games you will get the full
    effects, and on MSI cards you have the option to overclock with ease and
    more safely as they have decent cooling

    NAZGUL, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Chris Roth

    warlord716 Guest

    what he said

    but try to get the 5600 ultra 128mb, its much better than the regular 5600,
    and u dont really need 256 mb anyways, but its also a little more expensive

    warlord716, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Chris Roth

    Darthy Guest

    uh... nope. In fact it will be slower.... and 256mb version is
    slower than the 128mb version. 256mb does nothing for $400 video
    cards. If you want a real upgrade, you'd need to buy a $300 5900
    Ultra or ATI 9800Pro.

    Darthy, Oct 23, 2003
  6. I would wait until the FX 5700 Ultra comes out in a few weeks and then look
    at various reviews on the web. Unless you want DX9, a higher res, 4xAA and
    8xAF, you wouldn't see much improvement over what you have with any of the
    midrange cards.

    Too_Much_Coffee ®
    [/QUOTE]

    Too_Much_Coffee ®, Oct 23, 2003