    Is 64 MB SDRAM, 66 MHz, Non-Parity all I need to know when I buy more memory?

    What does unbuffered mean?

    Thank you.

    DaveJohnson12, Jul 13, 2003

  2. DaveJohnson12

    NUNIA Guest

    here is some advice for ya-find some sucker to pawn that piece of crap
    to-AND GET A REAL COMPUTER!!

    NUNIA, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Thanks. They have 66 MHz memory but I got a message saying they want me to
    install the latest BIOS and I don't want to do that.

    "Please ensure you have the latest BIOS update for your system installed before
    upgrading the memory."

    The Dell site didn't require this for their memory.

    http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...at=RAM&model=Dimension+XPS+D+Series&submit=Go

    DaveJohnson12, Jul 13, 2003
  4. DaveJohnson12

    DaveJohnsn12 Guest

    That's a big no help.

    DaveJohnsn12, Jul 13, 2003
  5. DaveJohnson12

    Pen Guest

    I'd do the BIOS update if you don't have A09 already.
    Then buy the 128MB module as the most cost effective.

    Pen, Jul 13, 2003
  6. DaveJohnson12

    WSZsr Guest

    If you upgrade to A09, you can add PC100 memory. Much less expensive than
    PC66.

    WSZsr, Jul 13, 2003
  7. There's a risk though. Sometimes the process doesn't work and then the computer
    won't work.

    DaveJohnson12, Jul 13, 2003
  8. Interesting. Thanks.

    DaveJohnson12, Jul 13, 2003