    Hello
    What manufacturer tries to recover data from its HDD under warranty in
    Moscow, Russia, free of charge?

    Dima, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Dima

    eM eL Guest

    None. Dats is not normally included in DH manuf. warranties, just the disk.

    eM eL, Jul 13, 2005

  3. No manufacturer that I know of does data recovery at all, much less
    for free, much less in Moscow. Data recovery (IME) is a very
    expensive and chancy proposition, and warranties only replace the hard
    drive with another one.

    Make many and frequent backups! [I just lost my 7K60 laptop drive,
    and it took 24 hours to recover a functional system, and I was
    _lucky_! I'm now doing another layer of 'travel backups'...]

    William P. N. Smith, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Dima

    Dima Guest

    What is IME?