    like having a floppy in the case.

    Thanks so much
    Patty

    pattyjamas, Apr 4, 2005

  2. pattyjamas

    S.Lewis Guest

    Standard floppy should work with the (shorter) 3.5" drive rails. Check that
    you didn't accidentally try the longer extra rails (5.25") for CDROM type
    drives.

    The floppy rails are included inside of the system for free.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Apr 4, 2005

  3. pattyjamas

    pattyjamas Guest

    Found out vendor sent me 5 1/4 inch rails. You are correct. Found some
    other ones on Ebay that I ordered and then 2 from Dell to be safe.

    Does not surprise me that the first time I called Dell they tried to
    sell me a drive kit (with drive even though I had one) and that on the
    second
    call Dell told me it would have been incompatible. Not to mention they
    set up 4 different customer numbers for me for one machine. Jeesh.

    Thanks,
    Patty
    Ordered some additionaly rails

    pattyjamas, Apr 5, 2005
  4. pattyjamas

    joe_tide Guest

    Patty,

    As Stew said, "The floppy rails are included inside of the system for free."

    joe_tide, Apr 5, 2005
  5. pattyjamas

    S.Lewis Guest

    <sigh>