    better chioce.

    Someone has something to say about it?

    Rafael

    raffe, Jul 7, 2003

  2. raffe

    Ed Guest

    Always better to run RAM and FSB in sync, better stability and
    performance.

    Ed
    Barton 2800+
    Corsair PC3200
    http://tinyurl.com/f94w

    Ed, Jul 7, 2003

  3. raffe

    raffe Guest

    I know. That's why I initially bought PC2700 since it clocked in the same
    rate as CPU.

    raffe, Jul 7, 2003
  4. raffe

    Wes Newell Guest

    Faster ram will always run at a slower rate. Slower ram will not always
    run at a faster rate, and sometimes not even the rated speed. I plan on
    running mine at DDR333. I just bought DDR466 (PC3700). I don't expect any
    ram problems.:)

    Wes Newell, Jul 7, 2003
  5. raffe

    Ed Guest

    So did you buy some PC3500 yet? ;p

    Ed, Jul 7, 2003
  6. raffe

    Ed Guest

    I sure hope not! ;p
    What board you getting? New CPU too?

    Cheers,
    Ed

    Ed, Jul 7, 2003
  7. raffe

    Wes Newell Guest

    Something very very cheap. K7S8X (SIS746FX). Comes with PS and case and
    1800+ cpu. $100 bucks shipped. Expect it this week. I'm piecing together a
    cheap system for my grand daughter that just graduated HS. If I like the
    MB I'll keep it and give her one of my KT7-Raid boards. Otherwise, she
    gets it.:) I might try one of Gigabyte 7N400 Pro boards later, but this
    was a spur of the moment thing.

    Wes Newell, Jul 8, 2003
  8. raffe

    Ed Guest

    $100 bucks shipped, sounds like a deal.
    I hope it all works out for you, and her!
    Good luck!
    Ed

    Ed, Jul 8, 2003
  9. raffe

    Wes Newell Guest

    ROFLMAO

    She could pass for a supermodel. About 5'10" to 6' and thin. But very shy.
    I don't even know if she's had a real date yet. Parents are very
    protective. She just turned 18 and starts a local college this fall on a
    small academic scholarship.

    No. You can't have her name or number.:)

    Wes Newell, Jul 8, 2003
  10. raffe

    Wes Newell Guest

    Just got it today. Looks OK but won't boot. Get 3 beeps. Maybe when I get
    the ram for it.:)

    Wes Newell, Jul 8, 2003
  11. raffe

    Ed Guest