    tapes from the old days that I want to back up and get rid of.
    But they are copy-protected. ATI TV doesn't record them. Any
    solutions to digitize them?

    Andrew, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Google for "digital video stabilizer" and you'll find many hardware
    devices that will remove Macrovision. I have two of these and they work
    perfectly for digitizing VHS:

    http://www.sell.com/2GBNB

    (That's not my auction... I would never sell mine.)

    John Cocktosen, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Andrew

    Agent_C Guest

    There are ATI Macrovision 'patches' that may work for you. I've
    successfully used them with a number of AIW & TV Wonder cards since
    1997.

    If you write me privately at the above address, I'll tell you where to
    get them.

    A_C

    Agent_C, Jun 16, 2006