    Also when looking at webistes what is the terminology used to say the
    laptop can do this, if it's any use i'm in the UK

    TIA

    Jim, May 15, 2014

  2. Jim

    Bob_Villa Guest

    I think you're going for "hot swappable" and I believe they would be more business class. I'm certainly no expert on the subject! Good Luck!

    Bob_Villa, May 15, 2014

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi thanks Bob yea your right, both in terms of terminology and what kind
    of laptops i'm looking at, not much choice out there right now more then
    likely end up with consumer lappy and external USB 3 drive, thx for your
    help buddy.

    Jim

    Jim, May 16, 2014
  4. Jim

    Adrian C Guest

    You can get a cheap adaptor that fits around a SATA laptop hard drive,
    so outwardly it resembles a SATA optical drive.

    e.g.

    http://search.ebay.co.uk/400433203465

    Adrian C, May 17, 2014
  5. Jim

    Bob_Villa Guest

    Good suggestion! He could then use an external DVD drive...

    Bob_Villa, May 17, 2014
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I already have an external DVD-RW so that suggestion will be perfect and
    if it fails to works it's cheap as chips, MANY THANKS Adrain.

    Jim

    Jim, May 17, 2014