What The Beep With S1669 MB

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by Zentraleinheit, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. have a Chaintech S1689 MB with a Phoenix - Award Workstation BIOS
    (07/12/2005-K8/M1689D-SU7K0811C-00)

    Over the past month, when I boot, I sometimes get 4 beeps in a row just
    after the Award ID screen appears.

    Then one of the following happens:

    1: No problem

    2: Windows 98 opens slower then usual

    3: A blank screen untill I press the power buttton once.

    4: Hangs, and I am forced to reboot.

    Plus, if I do get into windows98 I find that some of my graphic heavy
    applications (games, photo imageing, scanning) don't work very well.

    So?

    What does the 4 beeps means?

    Do they have something to do with graphics?

    How do I fix (if needed) it?

    Zentraleinheit, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Zentraleinheit

    Ginchy Guest

    Are the beeps all the same length or is it

    1 long and 3 short?

    If it is then it indicates vga card problem so you could try shoving it into
    the socket a bit tighter (is your monitor cable pulling on it?)

    Ginchy, Aug 8, 2006