What the heck is a Dell model "PRX" port replicator ?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Fred Mau, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. Fred Mau

    Fred Mau Guest

    It looks identical to a Dell C-Port-II, except the square emblem on top
    merely says "Dell" rather than "Dell C Port/II"

    I tried it with a C640, CPx, and CPi, they all tell me "The attached docking
    station is not supported on this system".

    What the heck is this thing, and what systems DO support it ?

    Label on the bottom sez:

    DELL Advanced Port Replicator
    Model No. PRX
    Input 20V 3.5A
    For use with adapter model PA-6

    (For what it's worth, I paid $10 for it at the local suplus house. But
    obviously I can't use it. Anybody here wants it, I'll take $10 plus the cost
    of shipping from Beaverton Oregon).

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Possibly it's the `Advanced Port Replicator' used on Inspiron 5000 &
    5000e notebooks (DP/N 6858U)..

    Declan

    declan.doherty, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Fred Mau

    Joe Morris Guest

    All you need to do is to go to the Dell web site and search on the
    string "PRX". The response tells you that it's designed for use with
    the Inspiron 300M/500M/600M/8500/8600, and Latitude 100L.

    Joe Morris

    Joe Morris, Feb 8, 2005