    Microsoft (who is no help either). Does ANYBODY know how to fix this
    problem of 0 AGP ????????????

    Thanks in advance

    Someone, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Someone

    JAD Guest

    motherboard model /chipset?

    JAD, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Someone

    whaler Guest

    Sounds like you need to install your motherboards AGP driver.

    whaler, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Someone

    Nil Einne Guest

    No wonder they aren't able to help you since you:

    Don't provide details of your motherboard and chipset
    Don't provide details of what updated motherboard drivers you are
    refering to. If you got them from your motherboard manufacturer are
    you sure they are not very outdated? Some don't keep up with the
    updated the chipset manufacturer releases and as such, it's often
    better to get the reference drivers unless you've checked and the
    reference drivers are just the same as the ones the motherboard
    manufacturer has.
    Don't provide details of what your motherboard supports and what AGP
    speed you enabled in bios
    Don't provide details of what OS you are using with what service packs
    etc

    Nil Einne, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Someone

    Karnaki Guest

    Sorry about omitting the MB info.

    MSI K7N2 with Nvidia Nforce2 and using Live update3 which searches for
    regularly scheduled bios updates, Athelon XP2500 cpu, WINXP

    Like I said previously, ALL the bios and vga drivers are up to date, as is
    the catalyst drivers.

    I just have never heard of a ZERO SERVICE DISPLAY error before, and dont
    know how to go about enabling the AGP support.

    Thanks for the info in advance

    Karnaki, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Someone

    Ragamuffín Guest

    I found this on a computer forum, maybe it will help.
    This is a C&P from the forum below.
    Had the same problem with the "zero display error" so here´s what i
    did:

    Uninstall everything that has to do with ATI, but keep the
    installation directory that the "catalyst installer" creates
    "..\ATI\SUPPORT\.... : "controlpanel-add remove progs-ATI". Reboot &
    when XP discovers new hardware, do a manual installation and let XP
    search for the driver *.inf files in
    ...\ATI\SUPPORT\wxp-w2k-catalyst....\DRIVER\. Done with the driver
    files. Now you have to install the WDM & CPANEL aswell. Open
    ...\ATI\SUPPORT\wxp-w2k-catal.....\WDM & \Cpanel directories & run
    "setup.exe" in both directories. Reboot when prompted,
    DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Good luck!

    HTH

    Ragamuffín, Feb 5, 2004
  7. Someone

    JAD Guest

    saw that forum post also...didn't make sense, I think he got lucky and fixed it.

    JAD, Feb 5, 2004
  8. Someone

    Karnaki Guest

    Thanks Ragamuffin.... I will try that again (think I already did it) but
    maybe this time it will work

    Karnaki, Feb 5, 2004