    Running Messenger or NetMeeting isn't an option as ATI doesn't work when
    running 98SE (so no video to stream).

    Ideas please :)

    pjp, Nov 22, 2003

  2. pjp

    Ben Pope Guest

    Hang on. The TV out of the Radeon? So you want your desktop "streamed" to
    the other machines? What for? (sounds like a silly question) is it for
    watching movies or or playing with the desktop or what? Do you want to take
    advantage of the theatre overlay mode (if you have it)?

    The options will be different depending on whether you want an overlay on
    the main machine to appear on the other machines... I'm not sure what you
    intend.

    If you explain what you actually intend to do I might be able to come up
    with something.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 22, 2003

  3. As far as I understand you want to stream the TV input from his card? If so,
    try the MS Media Encoder 7, it can broadcast over Ethernet quite well, I
    used it by myself, the clients can just connect to the IP of the streaming
    PC and watch the video.
    hope that helps

    Volker Klaffehn, Nov 22, 2003
  4. pjp

    jolt Guest

    you may want to check out
    http://www.snapstream.com/
    http://www.freytechnologies.com/index.html
    http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/index.html
    Best of all most media pc like software is try before you buy.

    jolt

    jolt, Nov 22, 2003
  5. pjp

    Viper Guest

  6. pjp

    Lloyd Guest

    Check out ATI's web site, in Dec the new Catalyst version will support
    video streaming.

    Lloyd, Nov 22, 2003
  7. pjp

    jolt Guest

    I'll don't think a Radeon 64 will work with MMC 8.8. This card is now legacy
    and no longer supported by ATI. While I applaud ATI for adding video
    streaming. it's still wait and see how they pan out before loading.

    jolt, Nov 22, 2003