    sogs Guest

    Could someone tell me what type (style) of motherboard I can replace
    in a Dell 2300?

    sogs, May 14, 2004

  2. Only one from a 2350 will work - even the 2400 is different.
    You cannot use a standard board in these cases - they will require extensive
    rewiring and other modifications to take a standard board.

    Best bet is to replace the case and power supply with a new board.

    Edward J. Neth, May 15, 2004

  3. sogs

    sogs Guest

    Do you know if Dell will sell me a new motherboard?

    sogs, May 15, 2004
  4. Yes, through Spare Parts (you have to call them). A replacement board will
    run $150 or so from Dell - compare that with the low-end systems that often
    go on sale for $400 or less, and you may find it more cost-effective to
    replace the system rather than just the board.

    Edward J. Neth, May 15, 2004
  5. sogs

    sogs Guest

    Thanks for the help.

    sogs, May 16, 2004
  6. sogs

    S.Lewis Guest

    Dell Spare Parts Phone 800-999-3355 Ext 69937

    As a side note, that system can also use the Dim4600 system board, but would
    require a CPU with either the 533mhz or 800mhz FSB, and a pair of identical
    DIMMs (RAM) to utilize the dual-channel feature.

    S.Lewis, May 16, 2004
  7. sogs

    jackie Guest

    And it's a refurb board, not new. Oh yeah, then they'll want $150 to send
    somebody out to install it if you're not comfortable doing it.

    jackie, May 19, 2004
  8. sogs

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, May 19, 2004