    determining what's inside the box ? (without opening it).

    Any utilities available that give the right type of AMD processor ?

    Thx

    b, Oct 17, 2003

  2. b

    Ben Pope Guest

    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

    Can't tell you what the default speed is though, only the current speed.

    Let us know the details and we'll tell you what it is.

    Bes

    Ben Pope, Oct 17, 2003

  3. b

    b Guest

    This is what CPU-Z gives back on the PC;

    Name : AMD Duron
    Code name : Morgan
    Package : Socket A
    Technology 0.18
    Specification : AMD Duron
    Family : 6 Model : 7 Stepping : 1
    Ext Fam : 7 Ext Model : 7
    Instructions : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE

    Clocks
    Core Speed : 1301,9 MHz
    Multiplier : *13.0
    FSB : 100.1MHz
    Bus Speed : 200.3MHz

    Cache
    L1 Data : 64 KBytes
    L1 Code : 64 KBytes
    Level 2 : 64 KBytes

    That's it for what comes up under the CPU tab
    How do I get an idea now whith respect to the 1800+ specification ?

    Thx

    b, Oct 17, 2003
  4. b

    rstlne Guest

    They have sold you a duron, not a amd 1800+ ..
    Tho.. It could be a board with a integrated processor too
    if that's the case, and it's a duron, then they usually shove them to the
    edge so they can sell it as a higher processor

    rstlne, Oct 18, 2003
  5. b

    Ben Pope Guest

    Sounds like a Duron.
    Thats a Duron core.
    http://www.paradicesoftware.com/specs/cpuid/index.htm

    Model 7 = Duron (Morgan)
    Duron Sized Caches.

    You've been sold a Duron 1300. No 1800+ anywhere to be seen. Durons are
    called by their actual clock speed, as far as I know.

    Even an XP1800+ is 133MHz*11.5 = 1533MHz, not 1300MHz.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 18, 2003
  6. b

    rstlne Guest

    You've been sold a Duron 1300. No 1800+ anywhere to be seen. Durons are
    PC CHIPS Markets one of their boards with a "2000" duron onboard.. but they
    claim a 200mhz fsb..
    it says "266mhz supported bus" but can only take ddr200/266
    so it looks like 100mhz fsb
    and the processor is a duron @ 100mhz that's running at 20x clock
    http://www.pcchips.com.tw/product/M810DLUv75c.html

    Verry misleading and their site doesnt list details of the board verry well
    either
    it looks like the core board is the v75a of that one
    http://www.pcchips.com.tw/product/M810DLUv75a.html

    the "2000" chip is what I see it being sold as by a few different sites..
    for this thing being 55-60quid after vat I guess it's still a pretty good
    deal for someone just looking for a pc..
    verry misleading for those who do purchase it however

    rstlne, Oct 18, 2003
  7. b

    Ben Pope Guest

    That link doesn't provide the details you suggest. The board has a built in
    Duron.
    This board has a socket 7 for XPs and the FSB can go to 133MHz (DDR), which
    supports Athlons at 266 FSB and Durons at 200 FSB.

    Indeed. Marketeers strike again. I can only find one UK supplier calling
    such a thing a 2000+, I'm not sure where you find your info, you must be a
    better googler than I!

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 18, 2003
  8. b

    Buffalo Guest

    The below is from this link:
    http://www.system1wholesale.com/miv...roduct_Code=MB-8DLMU2+&Category_Code=PC-CHIPS

    " Specifications
    MFG-PART#: M810DLU V7.5C EMBEDED DURON1.3(2000+)
    CPU: SOCKET A EMBEDDED D2000+(DURON1.3B) CPU & HEAT SINK
    CHIPSET: SIS740/962L
    MEMORY: TWO DDR(266/200) UPTO 1GB
    SLOTS: 2PCI, 1CNR"
    NOTE what it says about an 'Embedded D2000+. I believe that the vendor
    should have said "D1800+" (which is really a Duron 1300) and not an 1800+
    which actually means it is an Athlon.

    Buffalo, Oct 18, 2003
  9. b

    rstlne Guest

    No.. They overclock them.. (extreme like)..
    But the durons are not PR chips so they cant really say that it's a 1800+..
    Now keep in mind that the older boards WERE sold as "1800+" but the newer
    boards are now sold as D2000+
    so I figgured they have just figgured out how to make that last little
    "Boost" happen from the processor

    rstlne, Oct 18, 2003
  10. b

    Tod Guest

    This is an older model AMD, the FSB is only 100mhz.
    a 1800+ Thunderbird would have a faster FSB of 133mhz
    This chip has only 64K of level 2 cache, like a Duron.
    An AMD Thunderbird comes with 256K of level 2 cache.

    Tod, Oct 18, 2003
  11. b

    be Guest

    Thank you all for your help and valuable information.
    It looks like a cheap sales trick to me - the customer is fooled !

    be, Oct 20, 2003
  12. b

    be, Oct 20, 2003