    Can anyone either tell me or direct me to a site where I can find out
    what the last iMac was the booted off Mac OS 9.1?

    LIJ

    Nobody, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Except that it ain't all true.

    My summer 2002 14 inch iBook is supposed to boot up on 9.2.2 or higher.
    Before the OS X Disk Warrior CD was released, I was having serious
    problems and just for the heck of it put my older OS 9.1 Disk Warrior CD
    in, restarted, held down the "C" key, and was pleasantly surprised when
    the computer booted up. Disk Warrior fixed things fine.

    I think what that chart means is that you can't expect your computer to do
    all the things it is supposed to do unless you use one of the system
    versions indicated on the chart. But sometimes the computer will boot up,
    and do a limited number of things, using earlier system software. I didn't
    bother to experiment, while booted up on the OS 9.1 Disk Warrior CD, to
    see what else would run. What counted was that Disk Warrior itself ran.

    David

    David or Jo Anne Ryeburn, Jul 2, 2003

  3. The Diskwarrior CD doesn't exactly have the standard Mac OS on it.
    Likely, you'd not have been able to boot from a real 9.1 CD.

    Steven Fisher, Jul 10, 2003