    And the 4gb addressing is not on or supported. i don't know.
    So i would like to know what it is and what it supposed to do.

    thank you.

    DDC, Sep 11, 2005

  2. DDC

    barry Guest

    i would assume it enables the card to address 4gb of ram in your pc.

    barry, Sep 12, 2005

  3. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Who the f@#@ will have 4 gigs of ram on he's pc? Any i would love to
    know if it does any thing. I guess not much. i went from 512mb to
    1.5gig and i didn't see much improvement.

    DDC, Sep 12, 2005
  4. DDC

    First of One Guest

    The sole benefit of 64-bit computing is the ability to address over 4 GB of
    RAM, isn't it? Besides, games like BF2 already show a substantial
    improvement with 2 GB of RAM compared to just 1 GB. It's only a matter of
    time...

    First of One, Sep 13, 2005
  5. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Yeah! it should be very substantial. i've upgrade my mem from .5gig to
    1.5 and didn't find much improvement. Maybe it's because of my 256mb
    video card.

    Well speaking of ram quantity. i've read that in some future the
    motherboard manufacturers will increase the capacity by 10 the amount
    of total ram capacity. I can't find the article but it suppose to be
    like so. It was on pcstat web site if i recall.

    DDC, Sep 13, 2005
  6. Considering that on-board RAM has jumped over 64,000 times from my first
    PC, IBM PC-1 with 64 K on-board, it shouldn't be hard for another 10
    times or more to be placed on the boards. This will require higher
    capacity sticks and maybe some changes to the electronics, but that is
    something they are always doing.

    Michael W. Ryder, Sep 13, 2005
  7. DDC

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Sep 13, 2005
  8. DDC

    J. Clarke Guest

    That is a claim that is sometimes made. It is false. That is the advantage
    of 64-bit _addressing_. 64-bit processors also support 64-bit _data_,
    which in some cases can lead to a substantial performance gain.

    J. Clarke, Nov 29, 2005