    What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just began
    losing time and cmos?
    TIA, s

    sdlomi2, Nov 15, 2004

  2. sdlomi2

    Tod Guest

    Tod, Nov 15, 2004

  3. sdlomi2

    Smoker Guest

    Losing the CMOS is common to all K7S5A boards. The bug usually goes away in
    a day or so and may not return for another year.

    As mentioned, it's always a good idea to replace the battery. $3 at Radio
    Shack for a name brand like Panasonic or Toshiba.

    Asrock is a division of Asus, makes inexpensive boards to compete with
    brands like ECS except so far their boards have an excellent reputation.

    I don't think they make boards anymore that take the old SDRAM.

    Smoker, Nov 15, 2004
  4. sdlomi2

    Shep© Guest

    I can affirm that.I've been running an,
    ASRock K7S8XE
    for over a year and it's boringly stable.Nothing to fix :/

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply

    Shep©, Nov 16, 2004