    Tried to access their site* this morning and got a "...publisher refuses
    to give you access..." pop-u!?!

    * www.thinkpaddepot.com

    John Troxell, May 30, 2009

  2. Anthony R. Gold, May 30, 2009

  3. John Troxell

    mbloom1

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Update on TPD!

    On May 30, 2009, Anthony R. Gold-Guest gave 3 TPD pages that were still operational. I just tried each to find 404. That's odd because on June 25, 2013, I FINALLY gave into my desire and threw caution to the wind and ordered a T60P model. I got it in 2 days and am extremely pleased with it...despite all of the horror stories I've read about "not getting what I ordered", "getting it after a long wait", "getting it and it had dried foodstuffs all over the keys" or not getting anything at all, etc., etc.

    Everything sounds great, right? BUT, here is MY horror story!

    To get an answer to a question I had about the purchase, I called TPD. After getting my answer, the guy asked if I would like to place the order right then...over the phone. A momentary shock went through me that it was the wrong thing to do; that I should place the order through the website...but I said "OK" and ordered the laptop, VERBALLY.

    THAT WAS MY MISTAKE!!!

    Why, you ask? Because after receiving NO email documenting the transaction and receiving no receipt either with the laptop or in the mail, I have only a credit card statement to show I paid $395 for SOMETHING; not necessarily a laptop. And, I presume, without a receipt or an order number, I have nothing with which to claim warranty work should it be required within the one year period that they advertise on their site...which now is down(???).

    In other words, I'm left flapping in the breeze.

    I've been stung before, years ago by another business and thought that was probably just a fluke. Well, welcome to the real world. If you can be screwed, you will be, especially if they're on the verge of going out of business.

    So, I ask myself, "Why did they bother sending me the computer"?

    Of course, IF they are still in business and legit and we're all experiencing just a temporary malfunction of their website, in the infamous words of Gilda Radner's Emily Litella, "NEVER MIND"...........................................

    But, where is my receipt?

    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    mbloom1, Jul 16, 2013
  4. John Troxell

    mbloom1

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    TPD is fine and well!

    Shortly after leaving my initial response, I succeeded in logging onto TPD.com. I, again, left a message on their site as I had done several times in the past. No response. Then I sent an email to their sales address using my email client and...I have gotten documentation!

    I have an invoice for my purchase! Life is good again. Now I can order a new battery, etc for my T60p.

    mbloom1, Jul 20, 2013