    (5600 flip chip) or do i go for a radeon 9700 pro anything above and i start
    getting a little skint.

    thanks in advance... :)

    Andrew Poyser, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Radeon 9700 pro, beats a 5600 hands down.....

    methylenedioxy, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Andrew Poyser

    Lenny Guest

    Isn't it also considerably more expensive...? I mean, 9700 Pro was a
    flagship product just six months ago, so it's hardly entry level really.
    Maybe the 9600 (Pro) would be a better comparison to the 5600 (Ultra)

    Lenny, Sep 17, 2003
  4. And costs a bit less in most cases. I picked up a made-by-ati 9600 pro
    yesterday for $165.00 (USD) and I got an FX 5600 (256 meg non-ultra) for
    someone last week for $220.00 (USD). Unless I wanted it for a linux box, I
    think I would choose the 9600 pro over an FX-5600 Ultra.

    Passion_Pilot, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Andrew Poyser

    Jethro[AGHL] Guest

    Canadian Prices:
    ATI 9600 Pro: $277
    MSI FX5600 256 (non ultra): $257

    Jethro[AGHL], Sep 17, 2003
  6. Well, I got my brand new Hercules 9700 Pro for £170, taken out of the packet
    in front of me when bought, so it's a matter of hunting around. I wouldn't
    even consider a 5600 ultra, no way. The 9600 Pro is the VERY least I would
    buy, but bearing in mind I bought my brand new 9700 pro for £30 more than
    the 9600, it wasn't an option to buy a 9600 pro :)

    methylenedioxy, Sep 17, 2003
  7. i live in the UK and was wondering where you got the hercules 9700 pro i ve
    looked everywhere and hav no luck. They all seem to be about £210+ unless i
    bid on ebay.
    let me know where you got it from and have they any more?

    cheers

    Andrew Poyser, Sep 18, 2003
  8. I bought mine from someone in a newsgroup, they nicked a 256mb Firegl from
    work and had never installed the 9700 pro so I bought it for £170 :)
    Like I say, was lucky :)

    methylenedioxy, Sep 18, 2003