    Does it mean a case fan? If so I have a case fan which connects to PSU via
    standard Molex connector.
    PC appears to be working OK, have checked temps. and voltages etc.

    Kenny, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Kenny

    Nikonja Guest

    Thats where you connect your case fan if you want to control the speed in
    some software, otherwise you can leave it connected on your psu, it doesn't
    make no diference to your pc !

    Nikonja, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Except the fact that if you connect it to the system Fan connector on the
    motherboard you can monitor it and find out when its stopped working and
    needs replacement.

    Gregory Kleverlaan, Sep 30, 2005
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the replies. Incidentally is there any significance in the fact
    that the 40/80 IDE cable which came with m/b is yellow rather than the usual
    grey?

    Kenny, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Kenny

    Nikonja Guest

    Why would colour be a problem ! And don't play with your hardware if you
    don't know what are you doing, ask a friend to help you !

    Nikonja, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Kenny

    Ian Guest

    Nope. Gigabyte just tend to ship pretty yellow (ish) ribbons cables.
    They work fine with ATA133.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0539-3, 30/09/2005
    Tested on: 01/10/2005 23:20:01

    Ian, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Kenny

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Nikonja
    Colour is often used to indicate something specific with regards to the
    type of port, especially when there are RAID and non-RAID enabled
    PATA/SATA ports on the same motherboard.

    *shrugs*

    DevilsPGD, Oct 2, 2005
  8. Kenny

    Nikonja Guest

    That's only for you to see which port is which and there's no diference in
    cable collour because it's yust a collour, if the cables are the same
    ofcourse !

    Nikonja, Oct 2, 2005
  9. Kenny

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Nikonja
    Sure, but the colour is sometimes significant. If there are 2 red ports
    and 2 black ports, typically it indicates different capabilities.

    It's just a colour, but things are often coloured for a reason.

    DevilsPGD, Oct 3, 2005
  10. Kenny

    Nikonja Guest

    But not with the cables !!! The question was regarding colour of cables not
    colour of things on mobo !

    Nikonja, Oct 3, 2005
  11. Kenny

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <ivmroza45we8$> Nikonja
    Cables too can sometimes indicate something interesting. Mouse and
    keyboard PS/2 cables, for instance, are colour coded for a reason.

    I can't think of any industry standard examples where the wrong colour
    cable might make a difference, other then possibly ethernet (which isn't
    really a standard as far as I know -- but I always colour code my
    crossover cables if I end up wiring any for some reason)

    DevilsPGD, Oct 4, 2005