Whats the Best most ifficent but quiestest cpu cooler for a Barton CPU ?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Paul GoodBar, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. Paul GoodBar

    Paul GoodBar Guest

    Whats the Best most ifficent but quiestest cpu cooler for a Barton CPU
    ?

    Ive got Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu the all copper one and it coolers very
    well. But i was just wondering if their is anything better that cools
    as good and is as quiet. I mean its at its minium fan speed now and my
    cpu is only 40c and thats with a 600 htz overclock.

    But it is autum here so it does nto realy matter. Just looking for
    something that will keep it at 40c in summer or close :)

    Not that iam bagging the cooler i have now its great. Just wondering
    if thier is anything better. Somthing that will prolong my Barton
    system via overclocking so i can put off getting a new 64bit system
    untillt he dual core cpus come out and are at a decent price.

    Thanks.

    /ps any links would be great, reviews ect :)

    Paul GoodBar, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Paul GoodBar

    patrickp Guest

    I'm using Thermalright SI-97s on a couple of machines, Paul, and
    they're very effective (http://www.thermalright.com/ and look for
    SI-97). They also have the advantage (for me) that, unlike most
    coolers now, they work just as well with the fan sucking as blowing.

    They're very easy to fit; however, they're also easy to dislodge from
    the optimum position, so are definitely _not_ recommended for a PC
    that's going to be moved around.

    HTH Patrick

    <> - take five to email me...

    patrickp, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Paul GoodBar

    Doug Guest

    Is the SI-97 better than the SLK900u? Is it better by a large margin?

    Doug, May 3, 2005
  4. Paul GoodBar

    patrickp Guest

    Haven't tried both, but AIR reviews suggest the SI-97 is appreciably
    better. HTH Patrick

    <> - take five to email me...

    patrickp, May 3, 2005
  5. Paul GoodBar

    Doug Guest

    Patrick, where can I check out these AIR reviews? Do you think it would be
    worth it for me to replace my SLK900U w/an SI-97?

    Doug, May 3, 2005
  6. Paul GoodBar

    patrickp Guest

    Sorry, Doug; I checked out a few reviews when the SI-97 came out, but
    I don't recall where they were now. But the reviews suggested that
    the SI-97 was a bit better than the SP-97, Thermalright's previous
    best XP cooler, for cooling.

    All i can say is that, in a couple of cases that I've had trouble with
    cooling because they're quite narrow, I haven't had a Barton 3200+ at
    stock speeds or an XP-M 2400+ running at about 2.1 GHz reach 40C, even
    with the heating on (haven't had the coolers through a summer yet, of
    course). I've been using a Panaflo FBA09A12L 92mm fan on each (fans
    with a number ending in 'L' seem to be their low speed fans - they
    also do 'M' and 'H' models).

    HTH Patrick

    <> - take five to email me...

    patrickp, May 3, 2005
  7. Paul GoodBar

    Doug Guest

    Patrick have you ever used the SP97? I've seen one review that stated the
    SP97 with a high CFM fan got lower temps than an
    SI-97.

    Doug, May 4, 2005
  8. Paul GoodBar

    patrickp Guest

    Would have liked to, but I could never get hold of one. And high CFM
    fans are Ok - if you're deaf... ;-)

    Patrick

    <> - take five to email me...

    patrickp, May 4, 2005