Whats the best ram for the Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe board?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by DVDMonkey, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. DVDMonkey

    DVDMonkey Guest

    The ones on asus's list are pretty specific and while I can find
    kingston pc6400 they aren't the model that asus recomends. Right now
    I'm looking at :

    CORSAIR XMS2 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered
    System Memory Model CM2X1024-6400/G
    and
    Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered
    System Memory Model KHX6400D2/1G

    over at newegg. The corsair is getting all the raves but I'm wondering
    what the experts think. Whether it be one of these or some other type
    alltogether or should I be looking at a different asus board,like one
    of the other M2N boards,that's better than this one for the new types
    of cards and ram that are out now? I'm planning to plug a AMD Athlon
    64 X2 4200+ into it.

    Kleptic

    DVDMonkey, Sep 12, 2006