    would like it to be quiet if possible well atleas thave to option to
    turn it down when its not needed for playing games ect.

    Thanks.

    Paul Mathews, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Paul Mathews

    Noozer Guest

    BEST?

    Get the biggest CPU waterblock you can find, with the biggest fittings. Hook
    one side to a nearby faucet and hang the other end out the window. Turn the
    water on enough to get a decent amount of flow and then turn on the PC. Just
    remember to turn off the water when your done!

    Noozer, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Paul Mathews

    JAD Guest

    my 1998 Monte Carlo had a great cooling system. never overheated
    once....

    JAD, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Paul Mathews

    Tim Guest

    Hook one side to a nearby faucet and hang the other end out the window.
    Use a fire hydrant, you can boost the FSB another 50%.

    Tim, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Paul Mathews

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Well, the first part could be helpful, get waterblocks that use the
    largest fittings. Most likely 1/2" for compatibility across CPU, GPU,
    North & Southbridge. Then put the rest together yourself from plumbing
    and auto parts. I use regular 1/2" PVC schedule 40 pipe, to move the
    water to be cooled to another room/floor were I have located a larger
    than normal pump and a heater core with fan and a big reservoir. This
    way all the noise producing elements (except the PS fans and I have a
    very quite PS) are not detectable at the computer.

    DIY approach is not for every one but it is a lot of fun for some of us.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Jun 18, 2004