What's the difference between "478 pin PPGA" and "478 pin PPGA FC-PGA2"

Discussion in 'Intel' started by CPU Guy, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. CPU Guy

    CPU Guy Guest

    Intel specs some chips as "478 pin PPGA" and for others it adds
    "FC-PGA2".

    What's the difference between the 2 package types?

    For example, this one:

    SL6WU 3 GHz 800 MHz 0.13 micron D1 512 KB 478 pin PPGA
    CPUID String 0F29h
    Box Order Code BX80532PG3000D

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/sc...Fam=483&PkgType=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&CorSpd=6581

    and this one:

    SL6WK 3 GHz 800 MHz 0.13 micron D1 512 KB 478 pin PPGA FC-PGA2
    CPUID String 0F29h
    Box Order Code BX80532PG3000D

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/sc...Fam=483&PkgType=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&CorSpd=6581

    They seem exactly the same.

    Why does intel give them a different "sSpec" number?

    Then there's this one:

    SL78Z 3 GHz 800 MHz 0.13 micron D1 512 KB 478 pin PPGA
    CPUID String 0F29h
    OEM Order Code RK80532PG080512

    Which seems to have the same specs as "SL6WU" except it's an oem
    instead of a retail box? Does that mean it doesn't come with a fan?

    CPU Guy, Jun 27, 2005