    the purevideo stuff. And can my AGP 6800 Ultra take advantage of WMV
    acceleration the purevideo stuff give. Nvidias website seems aweful vague to
    me

    Jim, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Jim

    JBM Guest

    NVDVD is a complete program to watch DVDs. My version of it uses nvviddec.ax
    version
    0.0.0.227 the new Nvidia DVD decoder is just 1 file nvviddec.ax version
    4.0.58.0
    From what I've read the 6800 can take advantage of the new features.

    Jim M

    JBM, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Jim

    tq96 Guest

    tq96, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Jim

    JBM Guest

    JBM, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Jim

    JBM Guest

    It doesn't appear to be working. Using media player 10 I had 11 dropped
    frames
    Average CPU usage was 85% and max usage was 95%. I 'm using driver 66.93

    JBM, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Jim

    Reckless Guest

    and before you ask... you cannot use the latest version of the decoder with
    NVDVD :( nVidia have said somewhere that it's "a different architecture"...

    I'm more than a little miffed that before buying the decoder, I didn't spot
    that it will not play 5.1 on a PC equipped with a 5.1 soundcard. That's
    pants IMO! Should have grabbed PowerDVD 6 as this copes very well with this
    respect.

    Reckless, Dec 22, 2004
  7. Jim

    Ed Light Guest

    BTW looking on nvidia's site, the 6800 GT and Ultra are the only ones that
    can do the real time automatic gamma adjustments.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Dec 22, 2004
  8. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I am going to stick with NVDVD. I like the play movie as wallpaper feature.
    And Well I already own it . Since I have 6800 Ultra and it wont help my wmv
    viewing its just not worth it.

    Jim, Dec 23, 2004