    just that I got the athlon xp 1700 and wonder if it will work on it ?? and
    at what settings

    most grateful for any help...

    lee barlow, Oct 12, 2003

  2. lee barlow

    sdlomi Guest

    Do a search for Wes Newell's site--and his pages--all the help you need.
    HTH & good luck. s

    sdlomi, Oct 13, 2003

  3. lee barlow

    Wes Newell Guest

    Approx. 2784MHz (24x116)
    How you use it depends on which model 1700+ you have.

    Palomino, I'd redo the multiplier to 16.
    Tbred A core, same as above plus lock it, or just drop it in and raise the
    mutlplier and FSB as high as i could.
    Tbred B core, cut L3-3 & -5 and run it at 2000Mhz or faster.

    Wes Newell, Oct 13, 2003