What's the latest Audigy 2 driver? (beta?)

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by John, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I've bought a new Audigy 2 and I'm a little confused about the driver
    situation.

    This website --

    http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/2061

    -- mentions a beta driver that increases performance in games.
    However, it says the beta driver expires August 1, 2003, to be
    replaced by a finalized driver.

    Well it's August 11, 2003 today and when I check the Creative website
    the latest driver is listed as May 9, 2003. Is that the finalized
    version of the beta?

    thanks,

    John, Aug 12, 2003

  2. John

    Guess Who Guest

    Actually, that "newer" BETA driver was actually OLDER than the Driver
    release of May 29, 2003. The May 29 drivers already had the BETA driver
    code included. I found this out in the CREATIVE news groups. You can add
    the Creative news server to your news reader with groups for all of their
    products.

    The news server is news.creative.com, and you don't need any user name or
    password.

    Guess Who, Aug 16, 2003