Whats the latest board revision of the A7N8X-E Deluxe ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Just want to get the right one, they have them at my local Pc shop.

    And how old is the latest revision or is any revisions planed ?

    From the reviews not alot if anything is needed to be changed on the
    board ?

    Thanks.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 6, 2004

    rstlne Guest

    3 days ago you were waiting with your 2400+ and your goign to replace it
    with a A64 system.
    Now your going back to the AXP system

    A64's wont fit into this board..

    rstlne, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Well call me crazy going downtown today and getting this board :)-

    Ill get a 64bit one in a few years when their is software that
    actually uses it :)-

    Know anything about the Revisions on this board ?

    Thanks.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 6, 2004

    Paul Guest

    The A7N8X boards went through 1.xx and 2.0 revisions.
    Then the A7N8X-E board was designed, and it comes later than
    the others, so the revision numbers start over again. It
    will be a low number, like 1.01 or something. In other
    words, there is only one version of the A7N8X-E Deluxe
    and it is 1.01.

    The earliest file in this directory:

    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/

    is Oct29, 2003, so that would be my guess as to when the
    A7N8X-E Deluxe was introduced.

    The one Asus bug that bothers me, is the "BIOS-Save-Death"
    bug, and searching on Nforcershq.com, it seems to be fixed,
    as there weren't any reports of it happening with the
    new board.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Ill have a look on the board hopfully its 2.0 revision :) its 2004 now
    nearly 2005 i think they have had time to Put a new Revision out ?

    Thanks.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Bitstring <>, from the
    wonderful person We Live for the One we Die for the One
    Why would they spend money to re-silk-screen the motherboard for a new
    revision number if they haven't actually changed anything (except the
    BIOS, which doesn't count)? I mean it's you/me that pay for unnecessary
    engineering of that kind.

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Its ASUS they do that all the time :)-

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 7, 2004

    mitchd Guest

    I have a revision 1.01 board, the A7N8X-E Deluxe. It has the gbit
    onboard, 1394, etc. The first board I purchased was not reliable,
    and I returned it to ASUS for a replacement. The replacement has been
    working fine. I am using the stock bios version 1009. If I had to do
    it over again, I probably wouldn't buy the Deluxe board. The extra
    money was not worth it.

    mitchd, Jul 6, 2004