What's the Maximum Processor Speed Supported On the A7V?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Robert Nurse, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Robert Nurse

    Robert Nurse Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm looking to upgrade my A7V/Athlon 850 based machine that's running
    the latest BIOS (1011). Can my board run any of the following?

    Athlon 1.4GHz 266 FSB
    Athlon 1.4GHz 200 FSB
    Athlon 1.33GHz 266 FSB
    Athlon 1.3GHz 266 FSB
    Athlon 1.3GHz 200 FSB
    Athlon 1.2GHz 200 FSB
    Athlon 1.13GHz 266 FSB
    Athlon 1.1GHz 200 FSB

    I checked the ASUS web site and manual. It says it 500MHz to 1GHz+.
    I also read in this group that the A7V can take one of the AMD XP
    processors. Is this really true?

    Robert Nurse
    http://www.cudbytech.net

    Robert Nurse, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Robert Nurse

    NBK Guest

    Hi

    Have u checked here http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

    NBK, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Robert Nurse

    Hawkeye Guest

    Hawkeye, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Robert Nurse

    Robert Nurse Guest

    Robert Nurse, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Quote asus
    I think this hints that you may be able to drop in an athlonXP if you have
    pcb 1.05 or later, since the Duron 1300 *IS* a T'Bred with a single L%
    bridge limiting the cache. Perhaps not supported - because it mightn't run
    as quick as it could, but it should be the quickest ?

    If you ran a Duron 1300 in it, and then enabled its cache -and if its cache
    wasnt also broken, I cant see why the board would object (?)

    FWIW My XP2000 runs on 100/200Mhz fsb upto ~190/380 and it runs stable
    between 1.3 and 1.7 Volts @ 1.5GHz -(even lower volts at lower GHz)

    But the main thing is, its functionaly the *same* as the Duron 1300, only
    unrestricted a little (cache,multiplier) and tested to go a bit faster.

    -cheap as chips too :D
    gl,

    Creeping Stone, Jun 15, 2004
  6. or maybe they meaned an old Duron :(