    Can I connect to these speakers using the digita optical output? or is
    that not a good idea? can it only be used for DVD playback, or can I
    filter all my PC sounds through the single digital optical output?

    Joe Woods, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Those speakers should be connect to the SPDIF, it means that the signal will
    be sent in digital format to the speakers, and the D/A converter within the
    speaker enclosure converters the digital signal to analogue for playback.

    Better sound in other words.

    Richard Dower, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Joe Woods

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Richard Dower wrote:
    :: ::: I have a GA-7VAX.
    :::
    ::: I have the audio-combo kit that gives me the extra audio connectors
    ::: and 2 digital outputs (coax + optical).
    :::
    ::: I am going to buy some new speakers, maybe the CREATIVE INSPIRE 5500
    ::: DIGITAL.
    :::
    ::: Can I connect to these speakers using the digita optical output? or
    ::: is that not a good idea? can it only be used for DVD playback, or
    ::: can I filter all my PC sounds through the single digital optical
    ::: output?
    ::
    :: Those speakers should be connect to the SPDIF, it means that the
    :: signal will be sent in digital format to the speakers, and the D/A
    :: converter within the speaker enclosure converters the digital signal
    :: to analogue for playback.
    ::
    :: Better sound in other words.

    Why?