    --
    ________
    Brian M. Kochera

    Brian K, Feb 7, 2006

  2. Brian K

    daytripper Guest

    What "lot of questions"? Entire months go by without *any* posts here.

    daytripper, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Brian K

    Ghostrider Guest

    Not really...some of the regulars still meander in and out
    of it. But it really depends on how SuperMicro sees itself.
    Some of the time, SuperMicro feels that it likes to play
    with the custom-builders for the specialized, commercial
    market, rack-mounts and all that. In other times, it caters
    to the sophisticated DIY'fer and out-perform Intel motherboards
    in its own back yard. Typically, if we aren't building SM's,
    then it is ASUS or any other high-end motherboard.

    Ghostrider, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Brian K

    Master Yoda Guest

    I think its been quiet for a very long time. Yes Ghostrider we all pop in
    and out but 5 - 8 years ago it was a thick and fast group with loads of
    gossip and tips being shared. Now with so many websites offering gossip
    forums the true establishment of this type of group has gone. Personally I
    got stuck for a pair of years after a Quad Bypass though came back from the
    ashes under a new sudo. Has anyone ever never heard from Dan McCoy in
    longtime for example, is he still about?

    With respect to how Supermicro plays the field, more so is it becoming
    extremely competitive in all areas of the market, I mean 3 years ago we
    would never have seen OC utilities with certain mainboards but now we do.
    Its going to be an interesting year......

    Master Yoda, Feb 9, 2006
  5. There's lots of Supermicro activity on the forums on www.2cpu.com.

    Jerry Gardner, Feb 10, 2006