    probably took the link the first time I saw it, about a hundred
    iterations ago. I'm surprised that SpamSieve doesn't recognize it
    despite my flagging it every time.

    gtr, Dec 22, 2013

  2. gtr

    Lewis Guest

    You haven't been getting fake spam emails purporting to be from What's
    App?

    Lucky you.

    Mac.com's anti-spam is generally good, but when it's bad, it's really
    bad. I trained SpamAssassin on them quickly on my other accounts, but I
    get several a day on mac.com.

    Lewis, Dec 22, 2013

  3. gtr

    Király Guest

    This is the first I have heard of it.

    Király, Dec 22, 2013
  4. gtr

    J Burns Guest

    Purported What's App messages are used to get owners of mobile devices
    to download java malware. Some versions harvest email addresses from
    victims' contacts.

    J Burns, Dec 22, 2013
  5. gtr

    Bread Guest

    I've receive a couple of hundred since late September.

    The message says "You have voicemail" and has a big green Play button
    which is a link to some compromised server (varies) out there.

    Really annoying, but at least it doesn't have any embedded remote image
    sucking HTML to validate that the mail was received.

    Bread, Dec 22, 2013