    TIA!

    you will say in your entire life.

    usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

    Davoud, May 19, 2014

  2. In article <180520142301213847%>, Davoud <>
    wrote:

    > Yet there is nothing wrong with the server or the page--it loads fine
    > on other Macs and on iOS.
    >
    > I seem to recall that there is a file somewhere, perhaps a preference
    > in /Users/Library or something in the bowels of the shell, that needs
    > to be purged and allowed to rebuild itself properly, but I can't
    > remember what it is.
    >
    > Advice most welcome.
    >
    > TIA!

    Is the file on your local httpd server or an ISP? You didn't mention
    the log files on the server when you access it from the browser where
    "it won't load". Do they show a status of 200 plus the bytes
    transmitted or 404 or some other status?

    On the command line, can you use wget or curl to download page contents
    with a URL? If the page contents are being sent to your browser, then
    it's the browser that's having the problem.

    When you get the "won't load", what does the "View Source" display? A
    blank page would main that no content was transmitted to the browser. A
    page full of HTML code would mean the brower can't display the content.

    What happens when you view the page with another browser? You also
    didn't mention the browser and version you're having problems with.

    Have you tried clearing all the browser's caches?

    Have you tried viewing the page from same browser from another account,
    and hence, a different set of preference files.

    Have you tried zipping all the browser preference files and moving them
    to the trash, then trying to view the page with a "newly initialized
    environment"?

    Just some things to investigate, assuming you did all this before
    posting here.

    Michael Vilain, May 19, 2014

  3. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    In article <>, Michael
    Vilain <> wrote:

    Davoud:
    > > Yet there is nothing wrong with the server or the page--it loads fine
    > > on other Macs and on iOS.
    > >
    > > I seem to recall that there is a file somewhere, perhaps a preference
    > > in /Users/Library or something in the bowels of the shell, that needs
    > > to be purged and allowed to rebuild itself properly, but I can't
    > > remember what it is.
    > >
    > > Advice most welcome.
    > >
    > > TIA!

    Thanks for taking time to reply.

    http://www.eol.org "Oops! It appears that the page you want..."

    > On the command line, can you use wget or curl to download page contents
    > with a URL?

    Not much of a command-line person.

    > If the page contents are being sent to your browser, then
    > it's the browser that's having the problem.

    Yeah it's the browser--Safari--on that particular machine. Safari on
    four other Macs (all with latest software) works fine.

    > When you get the "won't load", what does the "View Source" display? A
    > blank page would main that no content was transmitted to the browser. A
    > page full of HTML code would mean the brower can't display the content.

    "Oops! It appears that the page you want..." The browser has always
    displayed the page previously.

    > What happens when you view the page with another browser? You also
    > didn't mention the browser and version you're having problems with.

    Firefox and Chrome work just fine.

    > Have you tried clearing all the browser's caches?

    Yes.

    > Have you tried viewing the page from same browser from another account,
    > and hence, a different set of preference files.

    No.

    > Have you tried zipping all the browser preference files and moving them
    > to the trash, then trying to view the page with a "newly initialized
    > environment"?

    Yes.

    > Just some things to investigate, assuming you did all this before
    > posting here.

    Some of it. Had this problem previously, someone told me the name of
    the file to purge and that fixed the problem. That's the simple
    solution I was looking for here, except that this time I was going to
    note the location/name of the offending file.

    Davoud, May 19, 2014
  4. In article <190520141250578917%>, Davoud <>
    wrote:

    > In article <>, Michael
    > Vilain <> wrote:
    >
    > Davoud:
    > > > Yet there is nothing wrong with the server or the page--it loads fine
    > > > on other Macs and on iOS.
    > > >
    > > > I seem to recall that there is a file somewhere, perhaps a preference
    > > > in /Users/Library or something in the bowels of the shell, that needs
    > > > to be purged and allowed to rebuild itself properly, but I can't
    > > > remember what it is.
    > > >
    > > > Advice most welcome.
    > > >
    > > > TIA!

    > Thanks for taking time to reply.
    >
    > > Is the file on your local httpd server or an ISP? You didn't mention
    > > the log files on the server when you access it from the browser where
    > > "it won't load". Do they show a status of 200 plus the bytes
    > > transmitted or 404 or some other status?

    > http://www.eol.org "Oops! It appears that the page you want..."
    >
    > > On the command line, can you use wget or curl to download page contents
    > > with a URL?

    > Not much of a command-line person.
    >
    > > If the page contents are being sent to your browser, then
    > > it's the browser that's having the problem.

    > Yeah it's the browser--Safari--on that particular machine. Safari on
    > four other Macs (all with latest software) works fine.
    >
    > > When you get the "won't load", what does the "View Source" display? A
    > > blank page would main that no content was transmitted to the browser. A
    > > page full of HTML code would mean the brower can't display the content.

    > "Oops! It appears that the page you want..." The browser has always
    > displayed the page previously.
    >
    > > What happens when you view the page with another browser? You also
    > > didn't mention the browser and version you're having problems with.

    > Firefox and Chrome work just fine.
    >
    > > Have you tried clearing all the browser's caches?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > Have you tried viewing the page from same browser from another account,
    > > and hence, a different set of preference files.

    > No.
    >
    > > Have you tried zipping all the browser preference files and moving them
    > > to the trash, then trying to view the page with a "newly initialized
    > > environment"?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > Just some things to investigate, assuming you did all this before
    > > posting here.

    > Some of it. Had this problem previously, someone told me the name of
    > the file to purge and that fixed the problem. That's the simple
    > solution I was looking for here, except that this time I was going to
    > note the location/name of the offending file.

    Another thing to check is to run Safari without any extensions and see
    of you can access the file.

    And finally, run fseventer when you access the browser. It will track
    all the events that occur while you access the site and show you want
    files it's using.

    Michael Vilain, May 20, 2014